Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went to my friends house today at about 5, and we were having a good time untill about 10:30 where one of my friend from college ran to the toilet and V*ed.. he was in there for ages and I could hear him, oh my it was so horribe.. and so unexpected too as he had been fine. I was shaking so bad and, I am so glad my friend knew I had emet - and I have never thought that before.

Sorry this is just ramble as i'm all shaking and weird and ahh I can just hear it in my head over and over, why is it somthing like that so scary?

I may have been able to prepare myself a bit if I had known he felt ill but he was fine all the time we were there. I haven't shook (or shaken?) so bad in so long, I had to go home and I feel bad leaving my friend there with him like that but I just can't deal with it - I hate myself sometimes!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

*HUGS*

I am POSITIVE that if the majority of us had been in that situation we would've done the EXACT SAME THING. Don't feel bad! Now, do you know if he caught food poisoning or something? You were SO BRAVE for staying as long as you did! Again, major hugs go out to you for having to deal with this, though.Edited by: cat283
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    !

Quote Originally Posted by cat283

*HUGS*

I am POSITIVE that if the majority of us had been in that situation we would've done the EXACT SAME THING. Don't feel bad! Now, do you know if he caught food poisoning or something? You were SO BRAVE for staying as long as you did! Again, major hugs go out to you for having to deal with this, though.

I REALLY REALLY hope not, I have washed my hands loads and made sure I got out of that room as soon as possible, i'm sure my friend will keep my updated..

I'm not shaking as much which is good... oh it's all i'm going to be thinking about for days..
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I really hope you have calmed down a little bit by now, I remmeber when I saw one of my friends v* outside my house a few years back, I flew up my stairs and started crying and shaking so badly. Of course, I had family from Italy and they thought something bad happened to me until they found out about my emet, but needless to say, I pictured it coming out for a little while afterwards, and its real scary but you will end up forgetting about it, maybe not entirely, but it won't bother you anymore like it is right now.

I suggest though that tonight when you go to sleep, you put music on, a little loud or the tv, because I think you won't be able to get it out of your head for tonight, tomorrow will be better for sure but tonight I'm sure you'll need some distractions....

Feel better, and don't worry about your friend, I'm sure he understands. Remember we feel guilty over this emet way too much, and most of the time for no reason because the other parties involved aren't blaming you or judging you, so be assured ok?

Take care, and let us know how your holding up, Soniaxxx

I hope you are better today. I know what its like to keep replaying events like thisin your mind. It is really scarywhen it happens but it does subside over time. I'm glad your friend knows about your emet though. I'm sure she supports your leaving. I once got out of bed, got dressed and left my friend's house at Two O'clock in the morning because she V'ed and I made up some really lame excuse because I was ashamed of my emet. Cheer up!

I really sympathize with you right now! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I am going through the same thing with my daughter!! The good thing is...it will soon be a thing of the past!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

How are you now? I am sure you will be just fine.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

maybe he got food poisoning? its strange the way it just came outta nowhere. i would have left too for sure if i was in your position. how you feelin now?
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it