Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: obsession

I'm new to the site so pardon me if thisquestion has already been covered, but is thereanyone else whocan remember almost every experience in your life when either you or someone else v****ed?While the memories do not provoke anxiety anymore (although when it happenedit would sometimes take days to get over the trauma), I can't understand why I stillrecall such unfortunate incidents. I mean I can tell you where I was, how old I was, what music was playing, etc. etc. Am I more obsessed with V**** than other emets?

No, you're not. I remember those things too. I remember those things more than I remember things about myself (I've hardly been sick). I won't eat the same foods we had the same day, I think about it every time we go to a movie because my husband (bf at the time) got sick the morning after we saw a movie, I remember the date, everything. I always wonder why I choose to remember those memories instead of nice ones. I would much rather remember warm summer days or Christmas's when I was a kid. Not when everyone in my family last v'd. I remember every single time anyone in my immediate family was sick and it forever has tainted that date for me. You're soooo not alone. I'm right there with you.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

You are not alone. I can remember "V" incidents too. Almost every one. Whether it was me or someone else. I can even remember what I was wearing in some cases. They dont provoke anxiety in me too much anymore, but I do remember.

Welcome to the site!!

Hi and Welcome...I remember every elementary school V episode I encountered...every one in my family too...and of course my experiences of myself...which have only been once...in my whole life...and I was pregnant with my first child...I am 38 yrs old now...so I am just waiting for the day when my luck is going to run out because I know it will...i remember specifics too...clothes...tv shows...smells..food...etc...it's so obsessive and irritating...Just let me get to heaven one day...and no more fears of V....that will be so peaceful for me...Kat[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey! You're definitely not alone in this. I, too, am haunted by being able to recall every single incident that I've been sick, or that someone had been around me that I've seen. Like you said, thinking about those doesn't really make me anxious, but when I think about them in detail, I kinda do. But, you're not alone. This is part of what my doctor called OCD. I don't really have many of the compulsions, moreso the obsessive and intrusive thoughts.

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i do that too. remember all the details and everything. i remember i used to fear wednesdays cause one time( on a wednesday) i was sick more times that day than ever before, and after. and for yearsi hated wednesdays.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it