Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: new here

Hi everyone, my name is Laura. I have had this "problem" since I was 14. No one I know has this so I have no one to talk to when I start freaking out the out stomach flu or other related problems. I am glad I found this place! It has been bad this past week I have almost been thrown up on by a kid at Old Navy Saturday and today someone got sick in front of my while in line at the grocery store! I am cursed. Can you catch the virus from being near the "mess"? I am a little scared right now.

Thanks!!!

Welcome Laura! I am glad you finally found a place where you can be normal and be yourself without anyone judging you!!

I hope you will frequently visit and ask for help any time.

As for being a few feet away from someone vomiting, I'm not convinced you will catch it for a couple of reasons. You weren't standing right next to him and even then, who knows, and he may not have been sick from a flu, it could have been a million reasons.

So try to not worry about it but keep posting if you'd like until you do feel better, it helps to know you have people aroundyou when your not doing so well.

Take care, and I'm happy you've found us!!

Sonia

Hey Laura,

Lol my name is Laura also! I go by Galadriel tho usually on the boards here. Nice to have you here! Yikes, thats a scary experience you had at the store there. I don't think you can catch it from being near it, Im not totally sure tho, but you didn't touch it or anything, or touch anything that person touched, so that betters your chances of not getting it. I also agree with Sonia, it could have been any other reason, maybe the person ate too much, or had another bug (flu or something non stomach related) that made him/her sick. Kids also get sick easier than adults do.

WELCOME

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Welcome!

The virus must be bad in your area too! Ugh! If you were far enough away I am sure you will be fine. Like the others said...could have been something else they v* from!

Oh man... sorry that happened to you. How horrible that someone was sick in line. I hope I never witness anything like that. So I'm quite sure it was very awful for you. Welcome to the site, by the way.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

WELCOME!!!!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!