Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I took my kids to school today. On my way to my son's class, two
    mothers of kids in his class were talking. Of course, I
    eavesdropped. One said how her daughter v** two times yesterday,
    but wanted to be at school with her buds today so she brought her and
    added "we'll see what happens." The other one said that her son
    was diagnosed with pink-eye yesterday and the pediatrican told her to
    keep him home for 48 hours. She said she was totally disregarding
    the doctor's advise because she has "so much to do." I looked at
    the kid and he looked like someone kicked him in the eye.

Both moms are stay-at-home moms with hubbies that make really nice
    livings. They play tennis, swim and all other types of "me,me me"
    activities. Why should their kids be at school today.

I went to the nurse to complain and she blew me and was okay with the
    kid being in school saying that he IS on medication. Huh?
    He just started it last night. So I took my son by the hand and
    walked out. He is home with me for the day.

Two weeks ago in my daughter's class a boy came to school with pink-eye
    (unknowingly). Once they called the mom, he was picked up within
    an hour. Four kids in the class had it the next day. I know
    this kindergarten class is going to be rampant with pink-eye.

It should read the nurse "blew me off." Oh my gosh, what a blunder.

Stella

I absolutely HATE that! Can they be any selfish? Yes...PLEASE spread your nasty germs all through the school. I hope the parents get it! UGH. That is nice to bring their kids to school with pink eye...not on medication long enough to be considered "not contagious." And the other mother brings her kid to school after v*. I would have taken mine back home...BI**H! Sorry...but you are definitely not nuts. I feel the same way you do...can you tell?

Is the sv slowing down any? I think we are just about over the worst of it here!

I hate that!! When I worked in a lab a parent brought their kid in for bloodwork and she had pink eye... and guess who caught it??? I had it for a wedding I was in also. My eye was sewn shut with goo AND I passed it to my daughter. What was this Dr. thinking letting pinkeye go like that? I was pissed off to say the least. Pinkeye is so highly contagious!! By the way Stella.. I got a good laugh from your post... the me, me, me activities... Too funny, as I really need laughs today!!! What comes on the AM news today??? Increasing reports of stomach flu in RI. They said the health dept. is telling people to stay home if they feel sick and to wash hands!! I did not need to hear that. But I calmed myself down a little because it did only say that they are hearing increasing reports of it from healthcare providers... not that its running rampid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats great...increasing reports of it anywhere makes me nervous. I hope it does not come down here where I am.

Skinnyme~is it normal for it to going around like this and this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by stella9
    It should read the nurse "blew me off." Oh my gosh, what a blunder.

Stella

LOLOL!! I noticed your little blunder...I was wondering what you meant by that!! LOLOLOL!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte

Spring is here!

I noticed my blunder as soon as I hit the post reply button. Of course, I sent a follow-up corrections ASAP.

The pink-eyed kid's doctor suggested to the mom that the child stay
    home for 48 and the mother decided to blow it off and send the kid
    anyway. Our school nurse is a total moron and thought I was
    over reacting. Excuse me, but my daughter's friend had pink-eye
    and their pediatrican asked them to have the pharmacy call for the
    prescription because they DID NOT want her to come into the
    office. So that tells you something about the contagious nature
    of the illness.

So, I kept my son home. The nurse and the teachers think I am a
    nut case. Hello, I will agree I am a nut about sv, but
    pink-eye. Give me a break.

Stella

Pink eye is sooo contagious, I can't believe she brought her kid to school because she had so much to do. GMAB. And we all know who runs the family with the first girl you mentioned that was v'ing yesterday. WTF??? I just don't understand.... We'll see what happens... I agree with what you did. You're not a nut.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Madisonsmom... if I remember correctly you are in MD right? Well, I am close to you, kind of in RI. I had not heard much of the sv thing since Dec. when my cousins kids got it and then gave it to my 3yr old daughter. I thought I would die when I heard this on the news and not to my memory have I heard it on the news before. It probably has been on the news almost every year but its not some huge headline that gets replayed at noon and six. So I do wish I would have turned the television on a few minutes later and would never have heard of this. But here it comes in spurts thru out the winter. You hear a couple of people talk about having it or so and so had it, etc. But it is usually heavy in Feb.

Absolutely disgusting. No disregard for anyone but themselves in my opinion. You don't send sick kids to school, especially where they can spread their disgusting germs around to healthy kids.

God I hate people sometimes.

[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

UGH! I hate this time of year. I have said that SO many times.

Stella, I would have kept my son home to if I had gotten to his school this morning and heard what you did. I cant believe that school nurse was so rude to you. You are not a nut. I think all you moms that have your children in school are so brave. We homeschool, but are thinking very seriously about sending them to private school next year. I am scared to death!!!! How do you guys cope?

You had me laughing so hard with your little blunder!! Hey, atleast we know you are a woman ....................... could have sounded worse if you were a man .......... LOL!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe people send their kids to school the morning after a night of being sick. That is sooo screwed up. I don't care if we are emets or not, that is wrong wrong wrong.

Props to you for walking out of that school with your son, I would have done the same thing. I cannot believe that the school nurse didn't care that there were sick kids in school. What a great job she's doing. geez...

All of us emets need to start our own clean and free as possible of germs community

Spring!!! Where are you????

These are the types of people that keep this crap going around constantly! The ones who cannot keep their sick children home!

UGH![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Totally agree Madisonsmom!!!!!!

I'm a teacher and had a mother bring her sick child in because we had a guest (reptile man) coming. I didn't know he had been sick until she said to me "(child name) was up vomiting all night...but he wants to stay at school so I'll be back after lunch" UM NO!!! I told her to take her child home! Health department in my state says must be 24 hour symptom free before returning. She is also a stay at home mom...I just don't get people!
    I would have kept my child home if I had heard that too!

It really makes you wonder WHO the parents are. When I was a kid,
    my mother determined when we returned to school after being sick.
    The "24 hour symptom and fever-free" rule always prevailed.
    School trips, parties or whatever took a back seat. If we were
    sick on Friday and had to staty home from school, we were guaranteed a
    stay home weekend. We did not see the sky until Monday
    morning. There was no arguing. The deal was etched in stone.

Not only am I pissed at the parents whom I overheard talking as they
    were parading their sick AND contagious children off to class. (Which
    by the way the only reason I eavesdropped is because they were talking
    quite loud and when I her v**** part of the conversation, I became
    auditorally sensitive.) I am completely mortified and quite
    disappointed that the school nurse was not more proactive. She
    should have marched her fanny down to the classroom, pulled out the
    pink-eye kid and called the mother demanding the child be picked
    up. Instead, she told me that I was the one being
    ridicuilous.

I sent my son to school yesteday (Friday). The pink-eye child was
    absent but three were out with pink-eye. Can you imagine three
    kids got it so quickly. According to the school nurse - I am the
    one being ridiculous. Puleeeze - I am
    soooooooooooooo glad I left with my son that day.

Stella