Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I eat lunch at work with a group of women and today one woman said that her husband (who also works with us) was up just after midnight and started v'ing and did so all night and was still sick today. She told some very graphic things about it that I won't repeat, I know, not good lunch conversation, but we eat and then watch Days of our Lives and it was after we were done eating and during a commercial. Anyways, here's the bad part. I NEVER eat anything that anyone brings in, just for obvious reasons.... and today for some reason I did. She had a dip and potato chips and I ate 3 potato chips with the dip on it. We had a "potluck" type thing at work yesterday for the women (I skipped it) and I guess she made it for that, so I know it wasn't just leftover from their house of something, her husband didn't even probably eat any, but who knows how long the germs were in their house. I'm scared to death about this dip, plus after she told the story, I immediately went in the bathroom and scrubbed my hands. I had a glass with water that I drink everyday and I didn't drink anymore water since the glass was in the room with us. I felt totally drenched with germs. Like she was talking and breathing them all over the room. I was doing so well, and now all of a sudden my OCD is coming back full strengh, with this one situation, it made everything come back like it wasn't gone. I took an Ativan at work and that calmed me to be able to to concentrate on a project and not tap my feet and play solitaire instead. I hate this. This means it's in our town. There's huge sports stuff going on this weekend here and easter weekend with basketball elite 8 and hockey playoffs and all I think of is all these people coming from all over and spreading germs. I'm going crazy I think. I hate this. I have to go and get some groceries tonight for my husband's fishing trip and I don't want to even leave the house, I don't want to be in public at all. Ugh.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Sorry so long and rambly.... I just really hate this.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

maybe its not the bug though? food poisoning maybe? even if it is, its extremely unlikely that you caught it from dip, so try not to worry too much, i know thats practically impossible but anyway.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Maybe its been in your town already? When does it normally hit. I know exactly how you feel and I am feeling the same way you are. I just did get off the phone with one of my friends and she says "yea, all of us have been sick with the flu" I was like "flu?" She said "yea, v & d" I was like "oh the stomach virus" UGH! Stay away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

But I thought it was gone and done with! We had a ton of people have it in very early January. I haven't heard of anyone around here until now. Arg I hate this.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I've been told and read places that one of the reasons so many people get sick this time of year is because most people spend a lot less time outside and spend all their time inside because it's cold and what not outside. But when everyone stays cooped up indoors germs spread a LOT easier... so maybe a good way to help prevent getting sick would be to go out more. Not like out to the mall or movies (well that too if you want) but just outside... go for a walk or walk the dog or play football in the snow

It has just hit my area, too. It seems like everyone I've talked to recently has either had it or knows someone who has. It is late for it to be happening here, though. It seems to peak in Dec-Jan. I know how you feel. I loaded my purse up with Purell hand wipes today!

Jess

My area also... It was on the news the other day. I agree its late for these things to still be going around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so glad it's the weekend, so if anyone else comes down with it they'll be at home and not at work...

the bug was never really around my area, but somehow i managed to get it anyway, despite the fact that i rarely go out anywhere. I hate these things, one of the most simple illnesses but still no cure
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

That's what I hate, what purpose does a stomach virus serve??? I understand that the human body had to have a way to let out poison in our system, thus the physical need for v'ing. But to have a virus that makes you sick for a couple days??? What is the purpose? Just like I have yet to find the purpose for wasps, my other fear...

i dont get the purpose either, i mean its not life threatening bacteria! so why cant it just pass through your system like everything else!?

How are you now? Thanks for PM'ing me back. Tyler did stay the night at his dads, thank god! When he said he stayed home from school because he felt sick I thought oh no here we go! I knew it, he will be sick on the day he comes back home with me! But thankfully his Aunt and Uncle will be down Sat. morning so Tyler is at his other Aunts place for the night "daddy has plans". So for sure I will be calling over there asking how he is. Usually when his Aunt and Uncle and kids come down Tyler wants to stay at his dads, so he might be there until Wednesday.