Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I think this stupid sv is making a replay of about a month ago. On the other boards I go on people are getting it again. Some people just had it like 2 months ago. I am so sick and tired of hearing about it. I do better when I dont know. I need to give in and just say "Screw it" if I get it so what. But I get so so so nervous and anxious if I just hear about it. I mean these people are far away from me but are we looking at another outbreak. I know that it is all year round but normally winter is worse but it starts to die down and you dont hear about it as much. Damn.......ENOUGH ALREADY! I need to go see a doctor to help control this.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think this is the craziest year for flu's. I heard that the peak of the flu's are just beginning doesn't make sense to me when you hear people saying that they have the flu, got over the flu and telling what kind of flu they had. I agree enough is enough!

People's definition of the flu really have ranges. I think some
    people call everything the flu. Its sort of a catchall, be
    anything phrase.

This has been a crazy season for the stomach viruses. They have
    been fast and furiously virulent. They have shown themselves just
    about everywhere in the States this year. Typically, during most
    winter months there are some cities who will get it while other ones
    won't have any cases, and if so very few. This year the sv has
    touched just about everywhere and with a vengeance.

My only solace in this whole thing is that it will fizzle out and next years attack will be mild.

Stella

I am telling you, this is the worst year!!!!!! For EVERYTHING!!! But, as I mentioned before, we had FOUR different strains of SVs through my area--all since January!!!! I am also getting over the worst illness (w/o v'ing, of course) I have had since high school--13 years ago!!! What is the deal?? My kids have also been sick all winter--in fact, Haley woke up at 10:00 last night, coughing, crying and shaking so hard she threw up, so then of course I couldn't sleep all night because I was waiting for her to do it again!!! She woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and the same cough, so here we go again!!!

Oh Donna...you poor thing! I checked CDC for influenza update and it has been in the red (widespread) for weeks! Its FINALLY in the blue (regional) WOO HOO! That says nothing for the stomach virus I guess!