Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My anxiety is back, full strenght and strikes whenever I expect and all the time.

The reason is that my 2 sisters came down with a tummybug and my parents are in australia for 5 weeks so I feel so alone.

First my older sister woke me up in the middle of the night by pjuking loudly. I couldnīt sleep and I got so anxious I almost fainted. I had to listen to her pjuke sounds. I have been a wreck all week. 2 days later my twin sis got sick. Oh god, I suffer and I have been counting the daysuntil I get sick. But It has been 4 days now so I think I will be ok. But my brain has been overloaded with fear and Im more screwed up now emetwise. I feel like s***. I donīt want to be or live in this house cos everything makes me feel nausious and anxious and reminds me of tummybugs. Oh my god, I want to die.

I did a ipacec experiment 4 weeks ago and pjuked and felt ok with it but now....I dont know. I reacted so strong, more than I thought I would. Major setback.

love
    eh!!

I see you posted this three days ago and no one has replied!

How are you? Are your sisters better? I hope it's all over and you are feeling fine... total sympathy here, I cannot bear being in the house when someone's ill, it makes me feel so trapped, and then I worry about it for days afterwards. I try to tell myself that everyone is fine, they got over it, and if it happens again, we will all get over it again.

I vividly remember your dreadful but brave ipecac experience. We have all seen howBRAVE you are!

Wishing you all the best and hugs...

I missed this post as well, sorry sthlm.. I feel so sad that nobody was there for you when you were going through such an awful thing. How are you feeling now? Have you managed to survive catching the bug? How are your sisters doing? I too remember your ipacec experiment and I thought you were so brave, but it doesn't seem to have helped with your anxiety levels at all? Have you not been receiving support from your therapist since you did the experiment? If not then I think that's very sad, especially if they're attitude is to do the experiment and then pronounce you 'cured' - I think we all know there's much more to it than that. I hope you are feeling better now.

Hey guys, havent been on the computer for a couple of days. Im ok, I did not get sick but the waiting was awful. Now I have a bad feeling about the house and everything reminds me of sickness. My anxiety is way up and Im suffering. My tummy is chaos. The acid burns in my tummy due to all the stress. I feel sick all the time and panic cos I think Im sick. Oh god, im deep down in the emets*** again.

Love
    eh!!