Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have to go to work....and I'm feeling like crap. I have a throat infection and I think I'm catching my moms cold. I'm sooo tired, I didn't sleep well last night because my throat hurt, I'm hot, tired, sore.

WHy oh WHY does this have to happen on the days I have to go to work.
    I'm trying to tell myself I'll be okay when I get there, but it's hard!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I hope you are feeling better. I know how you are feeling, I am sick again too. If you don't feel well while at work, you can always leave sick. Feel better.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

if it keeps happening before going to work maybe you are just nervouse/stressed about being ill in work? hang in their anyway im sure itll get easier one day[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Well...I went in and left early because I started feeling rally sick....I'm worse toay and I HAVE to go in says my boss...
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hey there,

Yeah I know what you mean. Yesterday I was just exhausted but had to go in, and work overtime too, but I made it through. It seems I feel off or don't get a good nights sleep always the night before or the day I work! It was like that in school on test days. Your prolly feeling nauseas cause of being sick with your throat infection. That has to be rough. Just do your best to make it through. Take something with you, maybe some pepto or something and stick it in your pocket. I think sometimes for me, the just knowing that I HAVE to go in makes it seem worse, because I feel sorta stuck and trapped, like I can't get out of it, and that right there seems to make things worse. Do you also feel this way about it?