Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: go thru v* feelings and v* to be cured?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • id go through the feelings

8 20.51%
  • id go through the actual v*

1 2.56%
  • no way would I do either

20 51.28%
  • willingly do both for a cure

10 25.64%

ive just been told by my emdr therapist that when we start treatment i will more than likely feel like im going to v* an theres a possibility i will actually v*. im now terrified of the treatment but no if i dont do this i probly will never get better. wat wud u do?
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I wouldn't do either willingly to be cured. If I v*, then it will happen on its own because god intended it to. I wouldn't and couldn't make it happen for therapy.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I wouldnt want to make it happen. I want coping skills for if "it" does ever happen, naturally. I mean, if you go and take something to make you "V" then you know you are going to, but judt because you feel nauseous (from a natural cause) doesnt necisarily (?) mean you will "V" I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say!!

Thats odd..im doing EMDR now with my therapist..she never warned me of that and I have never felt that I could V*....
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

she told me because we are concentratin on a v* experience that i cud feel the sensations like i was gunna v* bcos of the memories comin back which cud meani would be sick too.
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

i would go thru the feelings... but i wouldnt want to let myself do the actual deed.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate the feelings and dont mind the acutal v*. I dont think it works...at least for me. I feel great after finishing astomach virus...well you know what I mean. I feel like *whew*. But when I am faced again with it I feel the same...dread.

I honestly believe it is a subconscious mind thing. Thats my opinion.

I think if I could do it and get it over with...things would be so much better....because once you know what will happen it seems like it would be alot less stressful.....but considering I haven't V since 1990....it's been a while...and when it did happen I didn't really freak out about it...it was weird...i was thinking that it wasn't that bad...not pleasant...but not like I always thought it to be....but my main thing was that I had to go to the hospital...b/c I was 2 weeks late being preg...and I had to do it one more time at the hospital...so I think alot of mine is the being out in public thing for the most part...HOWEVER I don't like the feeling of right before when you are going to V...it's the worst...but if I knew I could get over this scared feeling all the time...then I would do it and get it over with K

Did you have any behavioral therapy to help you deal with alleviating the anxiety you may feel going through theEMDR or are you just jumping straight into the exposure therapy? I don't know if I could do exposure without first learning how to relax in v situations. Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

emdr isnt exposure therapy, its just possible that u may feel like being sick bcos ur taken back to the memory of being sick. i have had cbt, im on my 5th therapist! im pretty much about to give up *sighs*

what went wrong with cbt...? Faith i remmeber your post about when you
    were sick and i think you need to go back and read it...over and over and
    over and over...NEVER GIVE UP...you were sick and you dealt with it and
    you helped me out of my deep depression by telling me that its really not
    that bad...Maybe you should try incorporating cbt into ur emdr therapy...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

thanku baseball player - i am trying, im doing meditations an that, i wont give up, emet will never beat me - everyone else can get by without this phobia an im not gunna be sumone who cant - thanx again xxx

i'd find another therapist!

scaring you shouldn't be part of the cure. In fact, an environment of safety is absolutely essential for therapy to work.

besides, in emdr YOU'RE in control...you can stop it anytime you like. That's nonsense that you'd vomit!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.