Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The doctor thinks its the MMR. He said that fever can cause softer stools. Personally I dont think that a sv would produce a fever this long and wouldnt one of us be sick too? Anyway...he said that 1 in 20 children get fevers that can go as high as 103 to 104 with this for 7-12 days after the shots. They can have the fever/rash for 3-5 days. If they are going to have a reaction, the MMR is different from the other vax's and it takes that long to react. She has a very light rash on her face and chest. It seems to be fading already.

I hope it is the MMR. The doctor said that if it is GI virus that it must run its course...but he said he *thinks* its from the MMR. She definitely does not have a rotavirus...that produces massive watery poops. So...we will go with the shot. (*crosses fingers*) It does not mean she cant get her MMR at 4 yrs old.

So he documented in her chart that she had a reaction to the shot...but I dont think he is positively sure. Boy I am stubborn...no what anyone says I am going to worry![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

None of us are sick. I homeschool both of my boys and we have not been anywhere to catch anything. Well me and my husband but we havent been sick. Well, hopefully no one will get sick...(if its a virus)

I meant "no matter what anyone says" OOPS!

I think its is the shots, my son turns one on Wednesday, and I pushed his shots back till we return from Vacation, they told me that the reaction to the shots can come 7 to 10 days later.. So I decided to do it when I come back.. and I am having a party for him Saturday and that alone has me in a PANIC state of Mind.. Its A big Pool Party, and I pray that every one going will be SV Free.. I hope she starts to feel better soon.. HAs your dr always ran fevers with the shots? My son always got High fevers, he scares me.. Christy

OMG... Christy, my son turns one on Wed. also!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does the time go!! What time was he born??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is the first time she has run a fever with shots. She has only run a fever one other time and that was when she had an ear infection.

This was from a post I just put...I wanted to put it here too

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsmom

Dont you have to come in contact with the v* or d* by not washing hands, etc, etc to get the virus. I am sure that some of you have read the posts on my daughter.

Is their any possible way for her to get a stomach virus when she has been home for 10 days? (I took her to the doctor today). No one in my house has been sick. My boys are home all the time because I home school.

What are the ways to actually get the virus. I know the obvious ways...being around someone sick etc. But is their any possible way for her to get it otherwise. She has only been around us...I am just SO paranoid that she has a sv...

The reason I am asking is because she is having softer than usual stools and they STINK. Does that mean anything. Or is it because that they are soft that they smell worse? Can you tell I am obsessing SO D*MN BAD! I guess I should consider myself lucky no one is sick yet and hopefully she really is not contagious. My subconscious mind is taking over[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]. I mean...you know how you count down the days until you feel better? Well I do that and every time she poops I add more time. I am really going crazy. I mean this has been going on since Friday.[img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]

OMG... Christy, my son turns one on Wed. also!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does the time go!! What time was he born??

My daughter turns 2 on Wenseday

I am with your doctor. I have said all along I thought it was the
    MMR. The symptoms are almost textbook. This
    particular vaccine and the chickenpox are nasty.

Keep her on the Motrim/Tylenol and wait. She should recover in a few days.

Stella

Ok this is going to sound harsh and I dont mean it to, but your lil one has been ill for days with this fever and hasnt had diarreah and hasnt V* if it was a stomach bug she would have by now, trust me kids dont hold it in that long. I know this wont help your emet worries but try and listen to what the Dr etc is saying. She is ok, a lil temperature and thats all. when I had my MMR i had a fever for a week and pooped a lot, no bug, no V*. Sorry again if this sounds mean it's not intended that way. *hugs* hope you both feel better soon
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I did not take your post to be harsh at all. I simply obsess like crazy. I know she's not going v*. She would have done it by now. This is why I am questioning this...

She has had these stinky poops that are like I described. (that is my concern and why I keep questioning this. Softer than ususal but not watery like someone with a stomach virus would have. Maybe 1 to 2 a day. It could be from the fever though. Could that be the extent of the virus? I know that she would not keep a fever for this long with a virus. That would mean she would have 2 different things going on which is highly unlikely.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I am sorry, but my mind goes crazy sometimes.

Viruses affect everyone different. Know what I mean? If it is...(but I guess it is not its from the MMR) it could affect me differently.

I'll will stop obsessing...at least outloud.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Madisonsmom... Hey.. don't worry about obsessing outloud. That is what we are here for. I saw so much strength in you last week. You were ready for anything! Whatever is going on with your daughter you will handle it because you are a wonderful mom. I know that we all have to know why these things are happening when they are happening. That is the first question I ask people when they are sick.. Why??? My therapist says (gosh, you guys must get sooo sick of hearing that).. She says that it is important for us to ask these questions because it is our minds way of getting a better understanding about what is going on and it is a way for us to feel like we can gain control over the situation. So, I understand totally the need for wanting to know why. And not just becuase of emet, but because you are a mommy, and you know that something is not quite right with your little girl. Any good mom who is in tune with her baby would feel the same way, so stop beating yourself up over it. When I read your posts I feel really bad because you put yourself down before you ask for help. You will say.. I know this is stupid, but.. and other such things. No one thinks these are stupid questions. You are being a concerned mom who just also happens to be a little over anxious due to the fact that it has been a long stressful winter full of surrounding illness. Whether someone is emetophobic or not, illness is scary and unpleasant. When our kids aren't feeling well, we just want to do anything we can to make it better. The idea of this illness possibly invading your home has totally taken away your safe place and left you stressed and unrested. I totally understand.

However, my psychologist also says to me... "When you look for crabapples, you will find crabapples." Hon.. You are a great mom and you have more strength in you than you know. I have total faith that you and your little one are going to be fine. I also know that if that weren't the case that you would be one of the most ready people on this board to handle it.

How is the little one doing now? How are you feeling? I bet you will sleep so good once this all passes
    \"This too shall pass\"

Shiva-

That was so very nice of you. Your post made me feel so good inside. I am glad that you do understand. You really put it into words that I could not. You must have read between the lines. Believe me, I do not feel that strong. I feel so helpless sometimes. Kids get sick and I know this. I wish I did not have this awful phobia...especially with kids. Tonight I just gave in and was like "you know, if Madison does happen to have a virus or when she does get it, she handles it just fine looking at me with loads of smiles even when she does not feel good.

I am a nurse and I should know the answers to many of my questions...but when it comes to my kids I lose some of my knowledge. I know how to take care of them but I always want to know "Why". Why does she have a fever, why, why, why!I said something to doctor today about me feeling dumb sometimes because I feel like I do ask silly questions, I have a nursing degree and feel silly. He said "Im a doctor and still second guess illnesses that my children have, I often need other opinions because I feel helpless sometimes too!" So it seems that the overprotective mommy kicks in and the nurse goes out the door!

When you said:

"The ideaof this illness possibly invading your home has totally taken away your safe place and left you stressed and unrested." That is so very true and very well said. This phobia is all about control. If we could control it, it would not be a problem...but its something WE CANT control. You have really made me think. I really want help for this. I try so hard to be positive. I mean stomach viruses are the second most common childhood illness[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. UGH! But its true. I know that the fear is SO much worse than the illness. People have cancer and I worry about this. Sometimes thinking this way though helps me through stressful times. I am always scared I will be sick and unable to care for my kids...but I have wonderful family and friends that would help me.

I have found myself being nauseous from thinking about this and the "what ifs." My husband says "so what if its a virus...it will pass" I know that I will have to face these awful bugs more than I want to in the future so I really need to get help. I try to talk myself out of the frenzies I get in when I am faced with someone ill. Just hearing and reading posts of people with the stomach virus makes me nervous. I wonder where they are...UGH.

Again...I cannot express enough thanks and appreciation for your kind words![img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

I forgot to update you [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Madison is her happy self but she has been the whole time. Except when her fever goes up. She is still have soft stinky poops. No more than 2 a day. I am trying to not think about it. I havent gotten sick so thats good. I cant wait to get a FULL nights sleep. I wake up all the time and check her. I love my kids so much and would do anything for them!

My hands are so red and hurt so bad from washing them. Boy I scrub them too! You would think I was doing a surgical scrub like they do before surgery.My husband just shakes his head and says "You are scrubbing away your most important first line of immune defense...you skin!!" He is so right. It is so sad.I was looking at them at night thinking "Please stop this nonsense" I will live if I get sick. UGH! The things I go through to stay healthy![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Edited to say - SORRY FOR THE TYPOS - I dont feel like correcting themEdited by: madisonsmom

Oh wow, I completely agree with hippychick, and I don't want it to sound harsh either, but I don't think that your daughter has the stomach virus, and she is not going to V. She would already have done so if she had the virus.

I know she is not going to v*. She is fine...I was just freaking because of her stinky mushy poops. SV affect everyone different. Not all people v*. One person may have diarrhea and give it to another person and that person may only v*. That is the experiences that I have had with sv here. That is all I was saying...I know that if she was going v* she would have done it days ago. I was not questioning as to whether she was going to v* or not. She could have had a virus with just d*! But I know now that is was the MMR![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I get really stinky poops for no reason at all. I noticed since I've started taking a multivitamin, it's been nasty. I gas myself out, lol! Are you giving her some kind of vitamins? I don't know... just thought I'd throw that out there for you. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]