Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am just curious.. I am celebrating my 23rd year of not v**ing next week. Yay!!!! How long has it been for you?

--Kim

Coming this september or August it will be a yr.. but I did not have a SV, I had morning sickness.. but that was my last time. After that it was 2003 December from a SV.. WOW 23 yrs of not V*** CONGRATS.. I hope to someday say that to.. Christy

Either 9 or 10 years this April-I can't remember. It was either a stomach bug, or I made myself sick from fear and stress. I was really little then, and my immune system was bad, and I think stress works differently in little kids' bodies. 23 years is amazing! I'm knocking on wood..lol...
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

13 years in April.

I last did it about 3 weeks ago from a stomach flu. Before that probably a year and a half.
    We\'ll beat this!

Wow you gguys have gone without this for a long time, I was last sick, ummm on my 8th birthday. I was at a theme park, I'm scared of them now as a result.

I DO NOT AND WILL NOT go to theme parks. I used to love to ride rides but now I worry so much that someone will v*** that I no longer go. I worry myself sick. Anyone else have this problem?
    We\'ll beat this!

Hey Jennifer,

Yes, I do have that fear of theme parks. But I had to fight it for my love of Disneyland. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I go probably at least 8 times a year for 2 or 3 days stints. I stay away from any spinny rides or roller coasters. But the truth is I probably have been there a good 80 times in the last 10 years and I have only encountered V* once. I think it probably has to do with the park not running too many thrill rides, I'm sure the Six Flags type places have a lot more incidents.

With that said, I still worry the whole time I am there. A true EMET would not have it any other way I suppose!

--Kim

Last time was Feb 14 2002. 15 years ago. Seems like yesterday and hope it never happens again !!!

Kim-

I've encountered it a few times at different places, mostly fairs and so on. I've never been to Disneyland though I hope on day to go. Thanks for the reassuring though.

Jennifer
    We\'ll beat this!

Ugh. I hate saying it for fear of jinxing myself. I'm amazed though at the amount of time some people have gone without!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

You know, the same thing occured to me AFTER I typed this post! I hope I don't jinx it!

--Kim

jan 11th, 2:30am this year[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]! that certainly sucked!! Before that, 15 years
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Ok. Well I think that writing it out would be a good thing for me.

It's been about 11 years. (****knock on wood****)
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

It will6 years this June. (Knock on wood). Last time I v* was from drinking WAY to much on my 21st birthday. And you know what the sad part is, I v* about 15 times, and from what I can remember, it wasn't fun, but it wasn't all that bad either. It seems as time goes by, I forget, and the phobia worsens.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I had 17 years on December 25 this past year. My mom is an emet also and has 23 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not a very long time...5 years (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!!!!) Oh great, now I'm gonna jinx myself.

But really, all of you guys who are older (especially tink) wow, you guys have been going for a long time! I hope to sometime achieve that!!!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'm sooo supersticious that I cannot even answer that. Let's just say that it has been quite a while and I would really like to keep it that way.

It was 2 years in mid January. I can't even remember the
    date! I was VERY sick from a VERY bad bug. Before that it
    was 4 years. Congrats on 23 years!! Carrie

20 years as of last December!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

You don't mean 2002, right? Because that is not 15 years ago??

Quote Originally Posted by snowangel
    Last time was Feb 14 2002. 15 years ago. Seems like yesterday and hope it never happens again !!!

about 4 years ago...only v'd once i think it was from a bug...weird thing is
    i remmeber it being not really that big of a deal and i was really proud of
    myself after i did it...i didnt do any of the emet behaviors i now practice
    and i still didnt catch a bug...but than i found out that i had emet and i
    found this site and started being obsessed with being ill...but now im
    doing a lot better...not close to where i wanna be but i am getting
    there...haha sorry for rambling but yeah its been about 4 years...also my
    dads not emet and he hasnt been sick from a bug in over 30 years he got
    sick from drinking in college but besides that he hasnt been sick from a
    bug, so maybe i inherited his immune system...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]This is scary to answer...knock on wood...it's been almost 15 yrs...don't know why I did either...I was 2 weeks overdue being pregnant...so I don't know the cause of the episode but it was at least 7-10 times...wasn't as bad really as I always think it will be...but not absolute fun either...so as always I say it's the feeling before and the thoughts of it that is the worse....I am soon to be 39 yrs old...Kat

I was either 8 or 9, I don't remember, so that makes it 20 ir 21 years!!!!!

um... 7 years?

dunno... too long ago lol... the more days go by with me dreading it and not doing it, the worse it's becoming.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

your all sooooo brave to say how long it's been.....

Which is so bad for me I guess[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It's been 18 years for me, but to all you people who say you are envious of us that have managed to last so long I would say that in a strange way, the length of time has worsened my fear because now I can't remember what it feels like to physically do it so on top of the emet itself, I also have a massive fear of the unknown. If I had a more recent event that I could relate to in the sense that I could comfort myself that I did it and I survived it, I think I would feel slightly better... maybe those of you that have v* more recently would disagree with that I don't know...?

Helsbels, I have to agree and disagree with you. I too would feel that way for so long, but for those of you who have v*ed more recently, has it changed anything? no. Is v*ing always the exact same? No.

I know when I last v*ed, it was only a mouthful of water, but the next time could be a whole lot worse, so the general feeling of itwas there, and I've already forgotten it,but the experience of it is always different and I'm afraid for the next time that it will be worse then my past experience.

I hope this eases you a little. Your not alone and we all fear the unknown....

Yeah, I know what you mean, I know it doesn't ease the fear for a lot of people when they v*, I can't work out why that is, but I suppose until I do it again myself I won't know for sure...

graphic.........

I think the fear of the unknown for me stems from the fact that when I was younger I always used to fight it for as long as I could, and I got better at this as I got older, but when I was very young, it would eventually get the better of me but it would be like some awful choking, panic attack type thing, I never did it 'properly' so to speak. That experience was absolutely terrifying, God it's freaking me out just now even thinking about it, and that's what I'm scared of.. that I won't be able to do it properly and I'll choke or something. If I knew that I was capable of doing it right then I don't think I'd be as scared...

I meant to reply to this post yesterday, but I guess I never got around to it. December 15, 2001 was the last time for me and it was due to strep throat. I had my last stomach virus November 20, 2000, which really makes me nervous in that it is about time for another one! It seems that I get one every few years.