Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I can't take any more!!! Logan just barfed--a ton--all over my bathroom floor!!! She was TOTALLY fine an hour ago when I put her in bed!! We'd been with friends having a good time all evening!! She had a bath, I put her in bed, she fell asleep, Haley and I were spending time together, I went in their room to put Haley in bed, we dropped a video tape on the floor, it scared Logan. she sat up in bed, started to cry-- and I thought "OH NO!!" and ran her to the bathroom, she HOSED DOWN my bathroom!!!! And now she has a little fever--it's at 99. She said her throat hurts!! I'm shaking and freaking out!

DOnna, sorry I missed you in chat, I'm still there, come back if you see this...

I'm sorry she's sick again, I hope this is a one time deal and she isn't sick again.

Oh no Donna.. I am so sorry.
    You are so strong for just pulling up your boot straps, and dealing with the situtaion. Because if you realize it or not, thats exactly what you are doing! It will not go on forever, although I know it seems that way now. Hang in there.

--Kim

Donna, I am so sorry that Logan is sick. She said her throat hurts, could it be strep again? I hope maybe this was just one of those things and that it is not a "sv" Keep us posted ...............

It's been almost 2 1/2 hrs. since she got sick!!!! Do you think I am safe??

Well, now it's been 4 hrs. since IT happened--if anyone is listening--reading--am I safe to go tobed and sleep peacefully??

You should get some sleep. So so so sorry about your girl being sick again. Will it ever end?!?!

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Donna.. How was the rest of your night? I hope you and Logan got some sleep. I am so sorry that you are having such a hellish winter. I have to hand it to you, though... You are doing a great job.

How is she this morning? If her throat still hurts I would consider a strep test.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Ok Donna, we are awaiting some good news ............ I hope that Logan is feeling better and that you all got some sleep last night!!

Well, praise God, she is FINE this morning!!!!! She didn't v*** again, surprisingly!!! SHe's playing and giggling and talking to the baby in my tummy!! Just being her normal, cute, happy self!! She did say her throat still hurts a little, and her tonsils are a little swollen, so I may call the dr. I just hate doing it now after I kept calliing them when she wouldn't get better three weeks ago!! They think I'm neurotic!! (But only when they barf!)

I am so glad she is feeling better. I know that you are so relieved!!!! I am relieved for you!!

Our doctor knows how I am about the "v" stuff too!! Atleast she is willing to phone in anit-nausea meds for us when someone is sick!!

Whew! If she's totally fine today, it's definitely not a stomach bug. I'm so glad. I wonder what made her sick? Yousaid she got scared--is she one of those kids who gets sick if she gets too emotional about something? Hmm... Well, I hope you guys all get better and stay better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna, you poor thing![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] You really have had a time this winter. You have done great though.

Does she get strep often?

No--she really doesn't get anything more than a cold or flu, not many ear infections, etc. Haley is my sick one!!

I'm so glad that she is feeling better! I'm sorry you had sucha rough night tho. You need a break from IT!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I totally need a break from it!!! I don't know whether she DID have a little virus that's going around--2 kids from our church had it last month, the little boy projectile v'ed (that's what Logan did last night) and then the next day his sister did it, and they were both fine after!!! I just hate this, Haley threw up a little bit on Friday night and worried me all night long and then Logan last night. THey cannot continue on like this forever can they??

OMG, this has got to end soon! It sounds like that was it though and she's going to be fine. You're doing so well, even though it may not seem like it at the time. Just keep it up and count the days until spring is here!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Donna- I am sure there is an end in site soon. I think its kind of dying down where I am. You deserve a nice big break.

When are due??

I am glad that she is feeling better now Donna, sounds like its all over with. Good job on remaining so calm, you have a lot of courage, and I could never do what you do!!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Well, so far Haley hasn't been sick--that's my new fear, of course!!! Now Haley has thick green goop coming out of her nose and she gags whenever I wipe it, so I think she hasa sinus infection--please spring, get here soon! Less than a week![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I just hope we have the weather to go with it!

Here, look at it this way Donna.

Your kids are growing up sick, therefore they probably will be used to it and never suffer like us. Because they say that when you grew up almost never sick, it was strange for us and fearful, so when they grow up always doing it, they just know its part of life.

I hope this helps!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Logan is already a borderline emet--she runs away freaking out if she thinks Haley is going to throw up and she FLIPS if it's her that is going to throw up!! I feel so bad, I don't want her to grow up like us!

My 6 yr old son is scared of v* and it is my fault. He stays clear of anyone sick. I feel so bad. I am going to get professional help for this and I will talk to them about him too!

terrfied-girl ........ your post made so much sense, I have often thought the same thing. I wonder if I am emetophobic because I wasnt sick much as a child.

So far my children arent showing any signs of being emet. I think it is because my hubby is so good at taking care of them, they dont really notice my behavior. My oldest does know I freak out about it though. However, when her little sister was sick back in Nov. when she "v" that first time in the truck the only thing she said was "oh no! Emily is throwing up." She was genuinly(?) concerned. Even when she was doing it at home later, she wasnt like all running out of the room like I was ................

Wow Donna, I know I'm a lil late here as always, lol, but I just read
    your post and realized all that courage you have in there, and that is
    something really to be proud of. It may seem bad now, but think like
    this, maybe them being sick will one day help you get over your fear. I
    am really really proud of your bravery and admire it. Good going, hunn.
    Hope they feel better!! Spring is on its way!!