Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: BAD NAUSEA!!

AGGG I am frustrated.. I have been dealing with Nausea on and Off since about August, of last yr.. and I learn to deal with it and find a way to make it better. Then I start to feel great for a few weeks, and then out of no were.. BAMM the nausea hits me again, this time alot worse then before.. and this keep going on and on, now its like I get this sudden feeling, like I have no control and I am just going to V*** with out any way to stopping it.. then it fades away. This is annoying, as it started last night to..this whole thing is just a pain in the butt.. I am sorry if I sound angry.. ( I AM)... but i just want to feel better, and not have this fear, I need to know were it came from.. It was a short yr ago I had morning sickness and granted it was no fun, but I did not fear like I do now..

AGGGG..... I want to go home and sleep.. I am sooo tired Christy

Christy, hey.
    perhaps you're aware that your nausea hasn't been an issue recently, therefore when you do experience an irregular sensation in your stomach, you feel nasueaus because you almost *forgive this* anticipatefeeling nauseas?
    I know exactly where you're coming from, this reoccuring nausea used to be an issue for me aswell.. but i had to find ways to distract my attention from how i was feeling (easier said than done, i know)
    as for feeling mad, i can totally relate.
    i wpuld make a longer post, but there's lots to doo
    hang in there!

I get this also... The immediate feelings like you are going to V**. My palms get sweaty and tingly and I really feel like it will happen at that second and then it goes as fast as it comes. I have no clue where it comes from. Maybe its nerves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do the same exact thing. I tell my husband..."my stomach hurts' or "I feel nauseous." He shakes his head. He is understanding but gets frustrated. I do too. I have actually been scared to go out to dinner. I am afraid someone is sick that is preparing the food or the people who sat at the table before me were sick. That makes me nauseous. I have different times of the day that I get nauseous. When it get REAL bad I take a half of my anti-anxiety pill and if it relieves it, which is does 99.99% of the time, I know it is nerves. Anxiety is a BAD thing. I am trying to teach myself to talk myself out of a frenzy when I become nauseous.

Have you ever been to the doctor about your nausea? Is it anxiety or could you have an underlying problem with your stomach?

Hi...this happens to me more often than not...don't know why it happens...and I usually don't have anything to take for it either...I now have xanax but as far as V...I haven't yet...just so very nauseas...and it will last anywhere from just a little while to lasting for several days at a time....I will wake up that way and go to bed feeling that way....of course I think with all the anxiety we go through everyday...that has to have something to do with it.....it will happen so suddenly though...that's what is scary about it...and it happens to me alot in public...which is even worse...lord knows what I would do if I actually V while out somewhere...I would die for sure....so anyway know how you are feeling...hope it gets better...for now mine has subsided...for a while...no telling when it will hit again...Kat

Christy,

Have you seen a doctor about your nausea? I used to be exactly like that and come to find out I had GERD, IBS, esophagitis and gastritis. I had tried Aciphex and Nexium which neither helped. I seen my primary care doctor twice and then she referred me to a gastroenterologist. I had an EGD and then I was diagnosed. I now take Prevacid and Zelnorm daily and it has helped tremendously. I still get occasional nausea, but nowhere near as bad. When I was really having a tough time with it, I would not go out and eat either due to the fear of being sick. I can remember on several occasions that we did go out and eat and I almost *v* on the way home. So, we rarely eat out for nearly a year. I still worry about germs and food preparation, but my husband really enjoys eating out so I endure it for him!

Jess

thanks for the reply guys, I am seeing a Gastric Dr, and they want to run tests on me. I also went to my OBGYN today and they want me to get my throid checked out. SOOO we shall see how it goes. But thanks for the replys.. I have the generic for xanax, and am scared to take it, but comes this saturday I am going to take one! I am flying with my son and husband to Atlanta, and that has me in such a panic.. I will keep u all posted... Thanks again.. Christy

I have chronic gastritis and gerd also. I had and upper gi done, the one were you drink the barium and have to swallow little fizziesand then the like take xrays,about 5 months ago. Like you I suffered with the nauseousness everyday for about 3 years. I thought it was all in my head, that maybe I was making up symptoms that weren't there because of my phobia. I felt so relieved knowing that I actually had a medical problem with a name. I was taking nexium at the time which was not working well and I had taken aciphex in the past which didn't work as well as it could have for me, now I am taking protonix and I haven't had any problems with this med. My dr also put me on carafate for 1 month. She said it was like a bandaid for the stomach, it realy helped. Now Idon't get asmuch nauseousness, but when I do I don't automatically think its a sv, I just take my antemetics and watch what I eat for a few days (like no spicy foods etc) so my stomach can heal itself. One thing about the gastritis is that it is almost like a sv, but not as severe bevause it is inflamation of your stomach. I hope you get some answers as to what is causing your nauseousness. And to everyone who has antimetics and feel guilty for taking them, don't. If you need an antiemetic to get through the day, or just to get through the moment, go ahead and take one. I have been taking them for the past 3 years and I have not had any ill effects from them, and they really help to ease your mind. Vomiting is controlled by the medula oblingata, a center in the brain, antiemetics may not work 100 % of the time, buit I have not gotten sick yet while taking them, and have been through 2 sv. I know I have gotten way off the topic of this post, but while I am at it..Oncewe feel the urge to get sick it is too late to prevent whatever toxin or poison you have in your system from harming you because your intestines have already absorbed them and sent the message to your brain. I hope you get some answers matmysunshine, and I hope this constant nausea ends very soon for you, like all of the others here, I know what you are going through, my prayers are with you!