Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do you know how other members of this site have had problems with co-workers coming in sick? Well I have the same problem except with school. On monday my friend claire came in with a cold. I wasn't worried. On tuesday I sat next to her in my art/ceramics major class. We played around like normal friends do, and she was still sick. today, my friend Hanna says "oh good, Claire isn't here!" Stupid me asks, "why?" Hanna hesitates (she knows about my emet) but then she finally tells me that Claire had thrown up 5 or 6 times on monday night and still came to school tuesday!!! I ran off as a mad, shaky ball of nerves, and my friends tried to convince me that I could not get sick by just being breathed on, and unless I had eaten the clay (god forbid! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) I would not get sick. But I'm still freaked out. What was that illness? What kind of parent would make their child come to school after v*ing? And will I get it?

<3 Anya--

Edit: I accidentally deleted my whole post. So sorry! i re-typed it more or less aboveEdited by: spilled_milk
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh no aaah now I have a stomach ache!!

<3 Anya--

You're panicking... try and calm down. Your friends are right. Just think of all the people she was around at school that day, and none of them are sick, so why would you be!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Thanks 2jo2! Ugh, I feel really n* now, I don't know if it's the nerves talking (I calmed down yesterday, but today's a whole new day, lol!) or if it's the..whatever she had, or if it's some cheese I ate today. I hate this! I really hope I don't v*...

I guess what really irks me is the whole coming in sick thing. I mean, wouldn't it be more pleasureable to stay home rather than going in sick?? And what about infecting people? Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm just nervous that I'm sick.

<3 Anya--

Here's a good one. I had been on Zoloft for my severe emet related anxiety attacks. My doctor decided it was okay for me to come off. I was doing pretty well, not as well as I had been on the Zoloft, but I wasn't having full blown panic attacks either. This was at the end of June. On my birthday, July 21st, I went to a Red Sox game with my mom, her boyfriend, and my friend. It was the first game I had been to since I was 1 so I was really excited. My mom got the tickets free from work so we were sitting near some people she worked with. The lady she knew behind us was there with her husband and her two kids. In about the 2nd inning the girl behind my mom v-ed and I got the privledge of seeing her do so. Now you may be thinking, "oh the poor girl" but no...don't feel too sorry. They actually brought a bucket with them because they knew she was sick! How inconsiderate!!!! Needless to say I went into a full blown panick attack. I lept out of my seat and ran out of the stadium. It was awful. I didn't want to make my friend and family go home but I was sooooooo upset and soooo scared. I stayed and ended up calming down and having a good time. I didn't sleep for several nights and I ended up going back on Zoloft because I didn't want that happening again. Thep point being...who does that???????? EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

If she had a cold, she may have jsut had a really sensative stomach. Some people can v* if enough sinus drainage goes into their stomachs. If that's the case, then even if you get the cold you probably wouldn't v* It probably happened when she was in bed and all of that stuff was just sitting in her stomach.

Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Oh No Helenhd, thats all of our's nightmare!Red Sox or not(I'm from Malden) I'd run off too! Spilled milk, Don't worry, I do'nt think you had close enough contact to her to catch anything. I once went to a wedding at the end of April-a "safe to be in public" time, I thought. My mother-in-law came in and kissed me-on the lips-yuck and then sat down behind me and my hubby. Next I know, she starts saying"I'm hot, I don't feel right, yadda yadda. Then she proceeds to tell us my Father-in-law had been sick V* for two days! AAAAAHHHH, She ran for one bathroom and I ran for the other-to wash out my mouth. I tried to tell myself my lipstick would protect me(I was an hour away in NH) so I had to calm myself somehow. To make this gross long story short- I never did get this SV. But I make sure my cheek is all she's getting from now on.