Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: NLP?

I just wonder if anyone has tried out NLP to treat their emetophobia?

For example this "phobiaclinic" is working with emetophobia and says it's been done with a very good result. What do you think?

search for richard bandler, u shud get some great info on nlp with him, ive tried it, didnt work for me but then again i didnt respond to hypnotism either so depends on the person xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

NLP is not wrong or untrue, and can be helpful in many situations for various things. However, the standard treatment for phobia is cognitive-behavioral. Hypnosis and EMDR seem to be good "additions" to CBT. If you're phobia is really bad, often anti-anxiety drugs are prescribed, and can help a great deal.

I'd beware of the "phobia clinic" - I think they promise a "quick-fix" or cure over the phone and charge a lot of money. It's all a scam. Emetophobia can't be cured quickly, and certainly not over the phone! Go for a trusted, qualified therapist whom you can havea good relationship with and with whom you feel safe. That will produce the best results.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.