Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Finally...

I am getting my stent removed from my kidney tomorrow!!!!!!!! I am really nervous, but very excited at the same time. First the doctor is going to numb my bladder, ( I don't know how, and I am scared. He does it by going in where you pee from.) then he is going to stick a scope through my opening (ouch!!!) then just yank it right out. It sounds really scary, and since they had to put me under anesthesia to put it in, I can't imagine why they don't to take it out. I am glad he's not putting me under since I got so sick when I was in the hopital, put I am at the same time scaredthat he not. I am not sure if I am going to get any drugs to relax me or what, but if I do, I hope they don't make me want to v*.

I am really happy that it is finally coming out. I have been through 6 weeks of hell, and it is going to be so nice to be able to walk around and be normal. The doctor said that I will be in pain, and I will be peeing blood for a couple of days, but I am already in enough pain, and peeing blood, so what's the difference right??

I just need everyone's prayers that this is going to work. I won't find out right away if it will work, it might take a couple of weeks, but if it doesn't work, I will have to be cut open and they will remove part or all of my left kidney. Then I will have to stay in the hospital for about a week, and I won't be able to work and so on.... Then I will have to worry for the rest of my life about living with only one kidney. I am really stressed that this past surgery didn't work, so I need some prayers.

I just hope that everything works out, and I am trying to think postive, so I can start living my life again. My sister is throwing me a party next Saturday to celebrate my recovery so I am really excited that I can finally go out with my friends and have a good time. It's been since September that I was able to go out to the bar, and I get to actually have a drink!! I haven't had a drink in months, and I can't wait to relax.

So everyone wish me luck, I will let you now how tomorrow goes, the appoitment is at 845am, so at least I am getting it done early.

MicheleEdited by: mitch4133
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Good luck, Michelle. I had a friend that had a stent placed after a kidney stone surgery. I'm not sure if that is the same kind of stent that you have or not. She only had to wear hers about a week. When she went back for her follow up, she didn't even know they were going to remove it. She said when they pulled it out, there was some pain but nothing excruciating. She was much more comfortable with it out and than with it in!

Hope everything goes well for you. Is someone going with you? Update us after it is over!

Jess

Good luck, sweetie. I kinda know what you're going through, as from the
    ages of 2-5 I had over 8 operations, and over 10 bladder dialations,
    where they stick the thing up your down there opening. Even though I
    was young, I remember like it was yesterday. I'm not going to lie, it
    hurts a little when they kinda prop you open to stick it up, the scope
    thingy, but after that if you just imagine yourself in a beautiful
    scene like your 'safe place' (I personally picture myself by a
    waterfall) then you'll be fine. My thoughts are with you, hunn, if
    theres anything else I can do for you, let me know. Take care! I'll be
    thinking about ya!

Michelle, best of luck to you hon. I am sorry that you are going through all of this, I know it has to be rough. But I am sure that this will work for you, and not to mention you have alot of people praying for you. U know I wish that some of us lived closer so that we could have a time were we all hang out and just talk about how we are feeling, and have that hug that lets u know things are going to be ok.. Ya know.. But none the less.. HERE IS ONE BIG HUG from Miami, Florida.. Best of luck and u are in my prayers. Christy

Ok you guys, I am getting really nervous about tomorrow, I can't sleep.

What time do you have to be at the doctors office/hospital? Is the jerk going with you? I am assuming he is still acting like a jerk ..........

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

845am. And do you really think he would go with me?? He actually just got home, and he was supposed to be home at 930pm, but of course he had to go out, and never even bothered to call me. So when he came home I asked why he didn't call, and he said, he shouldn't have to check in. So I am at home sick, stressed about tomorrow, and he blames everything on me....still. He never even wished me luck. God I just hate him. I can't wait until I get back on my feet. The a** didn't even wish me luck for tomorrow. My dad is going with me, so at least I have some support. I just want to cry right now, I feel so alone. I am trying to be positive, but its not working. I feel so nausous, and I don't know if its anxiety or what, but I feel like v*. I also can't sleep, so I don't know what to do right now.

And another thing, I checked his voicemail, and I heard a girl say "where are you at? I thought you were meeting me up here". God, I have to much on my mind....

I just want to stomp your boyfriend in the dirt!!!!

I can't sleep!!! I slept for 2 hours, then my eyes just popped right open. I am so nervous, I have to leave in 2 more hours!!!

Well, its out!!!!! It wasn't that bad, but it did hurt, I am just glad that its out!!!

Hey, you must be so releaved now that its over? hope your not in too much pain? but at least you can start living a normal life now.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. your boyfriend sounds like a complete ass!, if you dont mind me saying so?

anyways, have a speedy recovery and all that
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Hurray! Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Now all you have to do is DUMP THE LOSER!

Hey Michelle, I was about to write to you wishing you luck but I see I'm too late, I haven't been on in a couple of days now and I've missed out on some stuff. I hope everything is good now and your not in any pain really.

Good for you for being so brave though!

Get some much needed rest now!

Congrats Mitch, good thoughts going up for you.

Im glad its over. Now you can focus on moving forward in your life. I think I would start with getting rid of the jerk. You deserve more that what he gives you!!!!

I'm so glad it's over and you're doing well!! I was thinking about you!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11