Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, we've been totally exposed again!! I have Bible study on Wed. nights at our friends' (Monte & Becki) house, well I almost didn't go last night because I was so tired, but I was sick last week and missed it, so I decided to go. WHen we got there, all of the kids were so excited, but I noticed that Becki's daughter Reagan was missing, but she has a weird sleep schedule, so I didn't say anything. A little while later, all of the kids were playing in the basement, and we heard Reagan crying from her room, so Monte went in to check on her and he yelled "Becki help, Reagan just threw up!!" I freaked--internally, of course!! So we decided to cancel Bible Study--whew! But Monte wanted to pray first, so we prayed and I got the girls and left, but not before Logan ate a cookie and Haley put her hands in her mouth!! Well, we left at about 8:00, I just talked to Becki and she said that after we left, Reagan threw up 2 more times and then at around 10:30 last night, HER stomach started to hurt and she threw up a few times!!! I made sure that we washed our hands and used hand gel both when we got home. The only thing making me feel a little safe is that Monte isn't sick yet, and their 2 yr. old and 9 month old aren't sick,but you never know what today will bring!! I am totally worried now!!! I honestly cannot handle any more sickness in this house, someone here has been sick with SOMETHING since Thanksgiving!! ANd that is no exaggeration!!

I am a little worried because Becki opened the door for us and then I drank some iced tea that she had made, from a glass she had gotten out of the cabinet!!! When can I stop being a freak?????

I'm sorry you've been going through this for awhile now. I hope things get better soon. Where do you live exactly?? It seems like it just won't stop where you live for some reason.

OMG what is freakin wrong with this virus????????? I think the good thing about your situation is that they kept the little girl in her room, so she wasn't out playing with the other kids. And the bible study was before anyone got sick, so she was preparing food/drinks before anyone was sick. I would be way more worried after everyone was sick, thinking it was still lurking around. Granted I would still be worried, but really, you didn't have any actual contact with anyone during being sick. I hope you're all going to be ok!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Well, I am glad that your children didnt have any actual physical contact with her. Did any of the other chidlren there? Is the little girl that "v" better now. Maybe it is just a quick thing. Not that this eases your mind ............ This does seem to be the longest worse season for this crap. Donna, I hope you and your children will be ok, keep us posted. Remember when that kid got sick at my house? None of us got it and neither did anyone in his home.

Leigh, that's what I kept thinking about!! How none of you got sick and he threw up and was playing with your kids!!!! I just can't stop thinking about germs being on the toys they played with or the door or table or whatever!! I will truly lose it if anyone in this house is sick with anything other than allergies anytime in the forseeable future!!!

Well, as you remember I was pretty freaked out. I stayed like that for about the whole week. I think it happened on a Mon. I started letting my guard down a little by Wed. and then it got a little better day by day. The worrying I mean. After they left that afternoon, I hosed down EVRYTHING with Lysol. Blessedly we were saved that time!! I hope you all will be ok too!!

Thanks, I just want to get through the rest of my pregnancy w/o having to worry so much!! I have enough worries going through my mind about childbirth, a huge baby, moving into a bigger house, Greg's school, his graduation (which happens to fall on June 17 & my due date is June 13), sibling rivalry--name it, it's going thru my head and worrying about svs isn't really what I want to do!!!!!!!!!!! But here I am worrying about it!!!!

When I was pregnant last year I was a wreck because I was due February 28th. The stomach bug started going around Conner's school and kids where v* in his class on February 25th! OMG! I was flipping. All I could think about was getting it and being in labor. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

I hope you get some worry relief. You have had it rough! I hope you will be spared. Let us know and take care.

Geez! Donna, I am so sorry you are going thru this AGAIN! I don't think you will catch anything though. If your friend wasn't sick before she made the tea then she wasn't contagious and as for the little girl she was in her room the whole time so I dont' think your kids got anything either. Plus you scrubbed and sanatized hands. Even though your'e 99% clear it still sucks that you will now be worried for 72 hrs. I will keep you guys in my prayers that you may continue the good health you currently are having FINALLY!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you sooo much!!!! I feel like such a baby and everyone else laughs at me of course!! 2 of my other friends were over at Becki and Monte's last night and they were laughing about how I couldn't wait to get out of there!! Well, when you've put up with as much v'ing (whether from svs or other illnesses or conditions) as I have the past few months, avoiding it is the only option!! I just wish I had listened to myself when I thought of calling and saying I was too tired to go!!!

So far so good. This is how I feel after 24 hours. Then I get through the next 24 hours and I am relieved. Not completely but feel much better. It seems like these viruses have a short incubation period.

I'm a little nervous, Haley is acting tired and not eating and she said she has to throw up!!!!!! The last 2 times she said it, she did it!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Oh...keep us updated.

Well, lets just hope she doesnt!!!! Keep us posted. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

Thanks, she keeps saying she has throw up in her throat--I tried to bribe her with popcorn, her favorite thing, but that didn't work--and of course, my husband is at work, bartending on St. Patrick's Day, so who knows when he'll be back!!!! I told the girls that if they didn't stop getting sick, I was going to run away!!!

Gosh Donna! I feel bad that your going through this. Is she running a fever?

no fever!! I just really feel defeated!! I'm a basket case!!

Lets see...does her tummy hurt?

How old are your kids?

She says it does, she's 3 and Logan is 5!! I just want to wake up tomorrow and for everything to be fine!!!

I wont to tell you a little story...this happened yesterday.

My half sister is 11 yrs old and very involved in all types of activities. Well the tummy thing is going around her school again. She was around someone Monday night that had it but did not know it yet. He was very sick later that night. She was also around 2 or 3 kids in her class too. She ended falling ill with a fever yesterday of 102 and a stomach ache. Well my step mom knew for sure she had "it". She went to the store and stocked up on ginger ale, popsicles, Gatorade, Lysol, Clorox clean up, all types of things - I think she is emet...anyway. Stacey (my half sis) was feeling bad...her stomach was really hurting. I called her this morning being the nosey person I am and she had not been sick with "it". Just a fever.

I hope everything is fine overnight for you. How is Logan?

Donna, I dont know what else to say except that I am sorry you are having to go through this, yet again!! On St. Pattys Day with your husband working as a bartender!!!! Do you have anyone else that could come over and stay with you? Any chance of your hubby being able to come on home? Let us know what happens. Are you in chat? I am fixing to go check ....................

I tried to get into the chat room and it says unknown error ..............

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Keep us posted Donna.

Donna how is Haley today? How did last night go?

Hey Donna,

How is Haley? How are you holding up?

Stella

Oh gosh! I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this. I really hope you had a peacefull nights sleep and that nothing bad happened. This must be especially hard on you durring pregnancy. How is everything going today?
    \"This too shall pass\"

holy crap Donna you have been through so much you are stronger than me! How is your daughter now? I just can't imagine going through what you have been through, thinking about it makes me nervous. I am praying for you.

Well, they BOTH started complaining at bed time--Logan was crying because her stomach and her throat were hurting!! I almost LOST it!!!! I tried to keep their minds off of it, and Haley finally fell asleep--but of course, me being me, I had to keep going in to check on her all night!! And Logan's "bed" that I had made ofr her in my room the other night was still made up, so I just brought her into my room, where she took forever to fall asleep--she was still crying because of her throat--and then started snoring LOUDLY!!!! So, we haven't caught IT YET--it's been 37 hrs. since we left their house, so I will still be NERVOUS till Sat. night!! And I made it through last night with noone v'ing!!! Thank you , GOD!!!

Donna - You poor thing! Remember though, that your kids did not have direct physical contact with the girl who was ill. That alone practicallyreduces their chances of their contracting anything from her to zero. Both my kids have had children throw up in class right next to them, and I have thought they would get it for sure, but they didn't. I really believe that you have to come in direct contact with the virus and then get it into your mouth - most likely by getting it on your hands and then putting them (unwashed) in your mouth.

Also, my kids have figured out how to use Mom's little neurosis to their advantage. When it happens around bedtime or when it's time to go to school, I am always suspect. It is soooo hard to determine whether they are really sick or just using it to their advantage.

Hang in there - We'll check up on you.

Donna I think you are going to be ok. I am sort of in a similar situation. My husband is at work is has been around his friend that had a stomach virus on Wednesday and every where I have read says that you are contagious for AT LEAST 3 days afterwards. UGH!

Well, I actually feel a little bit safer--the toys they played with at their house hadn't been played with for a few days, so there were no germs there. And the only contact they had with Becki was when she opened the door for us.