Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So one of my co-workers left early, I thought she took maybe a early lunch, or what ever.. She just got back!! and she left because her son was V*** at school, and then he Vedall over her. She went home and changed, andcame back to wkbut I am in total panic, she is not near me, but we use the same fax alot.. andI might have used her computerright when she left. OMG... I am shacking.. I leave to Georgia in a plane this saturday, I cant get sick...OMG OMG HELP HELP!! What do I do, am I doomed??? How can I avoid it.. ANY advice would really help..please..

im going thru something similar, read the post titled "freaked". just stay away, i always hold my breath when i walk by people anyway, wash those hands and think some positive thoughts like "he may be little and little kids barf alot" or , "i dont really have contact with her", jUST STAY POSITIVE!! oH AND USE A PEN TO DIAL THE FAX MACHINE!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Wash your hands ALOT! There were several people at my work sick last week and I probably washed my hands 50 times a day. If I couldn't wash my hands, I would use my Purell wipes. I can't believe she came back to work with him being sick! Was someone else staying with him? Take your vitamins, too. It will help build up your immune system! I would be freaking out too, but I doubt that you have been exposed, so don't worry too much!

I agree, try to stay positive and use a pen to push the buttons on the fax, and avoid her like the plague!!!! Why on earth is she back at work anyway? Whos taking care of her son? I think you will be ok, just take all the proper precautions!!

Where are you coming to in Georgia, I live there?

Everyone else has great advice. And here's a little thought... there are so many of us that come on here, myself included, scared of someone at work who's v'd or their kids have been sick, and honestly I can't remember any one of us who've gotten sick from it. If you wash your hands and don't touch your face, and all that good stuff, there'd really be no other way to catch it from her. You were never around the v or anything. You really should be fine!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

2jo2 I was thinking the same thing. Donna is a great example. I think we do our best at avoiding it.

I have so many ?'s about how you can actually get it. UGH!