Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just when I thought I was done, I am really done.

Today, one of my employees did not come to work. Let's all guess
    why. Could it be a cold, flu, strep throat, bronchitis?- no, no,
    no, no. Her daughter was v**** all last night. I told this
    to one of my friends, whose a doctor. She informed me that the sv
    is going around rampant now - worse than any other time yet this
    season. HUH????????? Its been horrible. When the h**l
    is this going to go away? I am just waiting for my kids to
    get it. I worry for my son who has terrible acid reflux because a
    sv could put him in the hospital. His reflux is so bad that we
    have him on previcid, which is not working. He has an appointment
    on 4/6 to determine if they are going to do the surgery (which by
    the way it will keep him from being able to v***). His
    gastroenterologist believes my son has an ulcer so excessive v*** could
    peforate it. Just what we don't want.

Lets all do the "GO THE H**L AWAY SV DANCE." And a one and a two.............

Stella

I'm right there with you, Stella! What state are you located in? I live in NC and just up until about 3 weeks ago, I had not heard of very many people getting the sv. My sister had it over a month ago but she is an elementary school principal so she is always exposed. There have been several people at my work out with it and it seems that every where I go I hear people talking about it. It usually doesn't hit this late. It seems like this has been an unusual year! When will it end!?!

Jess

Jess,

I am in Baltimore, Maryland.

Stella

UGH! We have had another outbreak here in schools. It is not that bad yet. Does the doctor of her own office or does she work in a hospital? I talked to one of my friends whose a nurse and she said she is seeing a lot of pneumonia. The emergency room sees a lot of the sv.

It has got to die down sometime soon, don't you think? It's like it has a mind of its own or something. What is with this year?? Can anyone remember a worse year for this? Do you think it's the change in weather? You guys on the east coast probably have the more humid, not freezing at night weather about this time of year, right? That seems to be when we start seeing another round of the sv. It's still cold, like 5 degrees at night here, so we're not seeing that temperature flucuation seems to bring on. That's my theory anyways.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Our winter has been really weird. We did have some cold nights and day...its like in the upper 40's and low 50's here. I GIVE UP!

This sh*t is not going away until it infects everyone[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] UGH UGH UGH UGH

March is usually the month we get it...
    I keep looking at the calander waiting so I can breath again!
    My daughter has complained twice these last two days of a stomach ache right before bed...its KILLING ME!

Theonly thing that I have heard what is going around where I live is influenza. I am glad the kids are on March break it gives the school a break from all these virus's. Tyler's dad had the influenza really bad and thank god Tyler hasn't came down with it. I am nervous until late May, but it also depends what the weather is like. Summer is what I am looking forward to.

Only a week and a half (approximately) of March left.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I know I am stretching it. I will feel like I can breath at the end of next week. My husband is around someone today who had the stomach bug on Wednesday[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Why can't people be aware and wash their hands and not go out when they are sick??? Why can't they disinfect the schools etc? I'm sure the authorities could shut this thing down if they had a mind to - in fact, so could individuals if they just all cooperated - but no one seems to care about it!

I just cannot believe that its just about spring ( 3 days and counting) and all these illnesses are still sticking around!!! WTF !!! Where I live on the East Coast there has been more snow this winter then I can remember. But these viruses thrive on these freezing temps. So I guess that its not the month that will do away with them but rather the warmer weather coming in and the snow going for good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stella - are things really bad where you are? We are getting some nice weather so hopefully that will help. I dont think its "rampant" here...at least I hope not

Yeah it seems to be making a reappearance. I use that word
    loosely since it has not left since October. It has just been
    horrible. I hope that when if finally goes, it goes and for
    good. This year has been the worst ever. We are also seeing
    tons of pink-eye and some viruses with high fever and no v****.

Can't we just have spring and a rash of the good ol' fashioned head cold?

Stella.

We are seeing the fever thing too! I think my sis in law like to mess with me. Everytime she hears of someone sick she calls me! Ugh...it makes me so anxious

My mom said today that the "crud" that I had last week is what is running rampant in her school--why can't it just be that around here?? But NO it has to be the SV!!!!!

Spring is definitely coming! Here it is anyway. I am so happy!

There was a HUGE break out in my school in February, so things have
    calmed this month. I had it twice back in December, once from who knows
    where, then my mom got it from me, and I got it back...weird huh? It's
    not supposed to do it, the throwing up kind. People say that I'm immune
    to it because I had it already then but I still panic like crazy
    because I just know I'll get it again. And, Stella, I feel your son's
    pain, I am on medications for Acid Reflux and have not one but 2 ulcers
    (really unusual for ulcers) I had them when I had the stomach flu but
    that was okay, so try not to worry. Take care

Oh and now our School has Strep like you wouldn't believe.

UGH! I cant wait until all this nasty crap dies down. I am hoping soon. Today was the first day in a week that I have heard of someone v*.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I was just starting to calm down a little bit and then a friend of mine told me that her extended familythat was in town for her grandma's funeral was all passing it around to one another. Of course I quizzed her. The good thing was that it's showing 24 hr incubation and that it's only lasting 24 hours. The bad thing is that I was at the wake!!! So, yes.. My mind is driving me nuts. Then I feel awful cuz, geez... someone died and I am all... "Oh no! What if I get sick". UGH! I get so mad at myself sometimes.

Gosh! I have girl scout cookies to deliver over there for my daughter and I'm scared to drop the boxes off and take the $ now...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    \"This too shall pass\"

Strep is pretty bad here in Ga. Even my 54 yr old father in law had it last week. Influenza is STILL going sround here, my husband has it now. Rarely does my hubby ever take time off work, but all he has done for the past three days is lay on the couch ...............

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

At least its not the sv leigh[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thats what I thought too!! I can handle this!!