Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I bought The Sims 2 computer gamea few months ago, and despite the fact that there is v* in it, I LOVE it. I think it could possibly be used as exposure therapy, for those severely afraid of others v*ing. The Sims are little, animated characters, who speak a funny language, but live and act basically like humans. Sims v* when they either have food poisoning (from eating rotten food) or are in the early stages of pregnancy.

Could be graphic to some, an explanation of the v* in the game........

Sometimes, when they have eaten bad food, they get d* (run to the toilet and sit on it a lot and moan) or they get queasy (they clutch their stomachs, groan, and hold their hands over their mouths). When they do v*, they run to the toilet, kneel by it, and a stream of blue liquid comes out of their mouth as they make a coughing sound (not NEARLY as bad as a real v* sound- it's usually like a regular cough). After that, they get up, sigh, and are totally fine.

The v* never bothered me- if anything, it made my emet better, because I think "Oh, it's silly, they aren't bothered at all, so why should I be!" (even if they are simulated characters, it makes me feel better). Again, I really think it could help as exposure therapy to some!

Now, the funny thing: I designed a Sim character of myself. In The Sims 2, the sims have goals and fears. Well, the first time my character came on the screen, her MAJOR FEAR WAS OF V*ING! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing! They have other fears, like bugs, or fires, or death- basic phobic stuff. I just thought that was funny!
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Lol the same thing happened to me!!! I <3 the sims...but really, the V* isn't to bad there, but for some it would be good exposure therapy! The bad thing is it costs a lot of money. The good thing is that it's amazingly fun!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!