Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

FOR THIS LATE VOMITING SEASON?

Well I posted last night about my half sister having a fever and stomach ache. Well she never v*...just has a fever. There is some time of viral thing going around that produces a fever for up to 6 days!

I mean are these recent outbreaks in institutional settings or are there just a lot of random people with the sv? I mean I know the sv occurs more in outbreaks like in schools, nursing homes, etc.

I have heard of some people having it. My husbands friend that he works with got it from his son who is in daycare which is completely understandable.

I answered Stella's post that I think it's the weather fluctuation that brings it on. I don't know if this is true or not, but over the years, watching patterns and stuff. And it's been a wet winter most places, bacteria and those gross viruses can multiply more when it's wet versus dry. I mean, is there really much of an outbreak on the west coast area? You don't hear of it, just the east. I don't know....
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I have been on the other message boards that I normally go on and onelittle girl (1 yr old) started with it on Tuesday and is so dehydrated that she is in the hospital now getting IV fluids. She was not crying tears, not peeing, etc. UGH. A few of the other girls were talking about their kids having it now. They joke about it.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Then I went on the other board and of course there are kids on there too and the mothers sick REAL bad with it. Some people have gotten it twice. Damn, I am not going out of my house for awhile. I am serious.

Joking about it seems weird to me....

Maybe since this was the mother of all years for it, we'll be spared now for next year. I just wonder what is different about this year. It honestly does seem extra bad.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I have a friend who is a doctor and is actually a professor at the University of Kansas medical center, and I asked her why people get sick here (Kansas City) more than in any other place I have ever lived (I was an army brat and I have lived In TN, KY, GA, VA, CA, AL, WA, Germany and Venezuela). She said that it is the climate--for instance Kansas City has incredibly cold winters (wind chills can get to 50 below here) and incredibly hot summers (over 100 with HIGH humidity--in fact I've heard like the 3rd highest humidity levels in the country) we also have weeks in the winter where it will be 60 degrees one day and 20 the next--highly unpredictable weather patterns. And she agreed it is a terrible place to live virus/bacteria wise, things run rampant!!!

Our weather temperatures have been like that this year. UGH! I wonder what the deal is with the weather...

I am going to have a talk with Mother Nature herself[img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]

I just want to have NORMAL spring weather!!! PLEASE!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???

Me too. I was so surprised to here it was going around AGAIN! I dont know where. I dont wanna leave my house!

I have always thought the weather had something to do with it. I think this kinda crap thrives in colder weather. It was warm here earlier this week, like temps in the 70's, now today it is in the 40's!!!! I, personally, am ready for some warm weather, permanent warm weather!!!!

Next week is supposed to be normal temps for this time of year...in the 50's. I hope it stays that way. Maybe we can all get out and all this stuff can air out. UGH!

You know what...............I am sorry for typing out the "V" word in my post![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]