Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I posted last night about losing it. My husbands friend who he also works with was sick yesterday with a stomach virus, he got it from his young son. They were off yesterday and the guy called out of worked today. He was feeling better last night. My husband was around him Tuesday. But he (my hubby) is ok so far. I dont want to kiss him and I am afraid I will be like this for the next week.

My question is............

He (the guy that was sick) is going to work tomorrow... is my husband safe (and everyone else) from getting it? I know that the virus can be found in the stool for up to 2 weeks but in lesser amounts. They dont drink after each other. They kid and carry on because the guy is a clown! [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img] But I was wondering what precautions she he take and what are the probabilities of my husband getting it. They see each other in the morning and the guy is "touchy feely" like slapping him on the back etc. They arent around each other during the day...they are vendors. They see each other in the afternoon.

What precautions should my husband take?Edited by: madisonsmom

He should wash his hands, esp. after using the restroom, esp. if the other guy uses it too. Have him take purell with him so that he can use that when he gets in his truck. He shouldn't touch his face, that sort of thing... just like we do. Hopefully the guy keeps his distance, but it doesn't sound like it. But just think of all the people he'll have contact with tomorrow and probably none of them will get sick from him. He'd have to crap and not wash his hands in order for it to be spread that way, and I doubt he'll share a sandwich with anyone.... you know so your husband should be safe. Just ask him to be extra careful tomorrow.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am beginning to think I cant avoid it. It must be flying in the air.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

This guy is the type of guy that will probably crap and not wash his hands. YUCK!

Oh eww!!! If he does that, it's no wonder why he got sick in the first place. Tell your husband to be careful tomorrow.

I've also often wondered if it was airborn.... I hate the thought of that so much.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am going to worry all weekend. My husband does wash his hands pretty well. (I have trained him...if he wants to touched me or the kids he MUST wash his hands when he gets home)[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]