Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ~*Worried*~

I am so worried that my husband is going to pick up that stupid stomach bug that his friend had.The guy was sick on Tuesday and is back to normal today.

UGH! Why must I worry? I would assume (and I use that lightly) that my hubby has a slim chance of gettingit. Hopefully he wont shake hands with him. They are only around each other a short time in the am and a short time in the afternoon doing paperwork. I will be a wreck all weekend.

Are the chances slim??????? Excuse me if I am worrying too much. You guys are great support!

I know I posted about this earlier...just wanted to post that I am VERY VERY VERY VERY worried. UGH!

I know how you feel!!!

I think the chances are slim, but I know I would be worried too faced with the same situation. Doesnt your hubby know about you fear. Tell him to not shake hands with him, or have too much contact with him, ect .......... Is there anyway he could go in at a different time and avoid him all together?

No, unfortunately he cant go in at a different time. He knows my fear VERY well. I told him to please be careful and he said "No, when I go in I am going to give him a big kiss." He was kidding of course. I dont think he believes me when I tell him he is still contagious. His wife probably had it today and he probably has germs all over him. (I know that is extreme...kidding) I am trying to be calm about this. I was SO anxious yesterday...I am so tired. I feel safe right now but tomorrow night will be a different story.

Keep us posted on what happens. I wish there was a way your husband could avoid him all together. Your husbands comment about giving him a big kiss sounds like something my hubby would say. They think they are being so funny sometimes!!!!

Do you honestly think the chances are slim if they work like they normally do. I mean they are not togethor long but the are good friends.

He is not going to go out of his way to avoid him...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Edited by: madisonsmom

I think that if your hubby would just wash his hands after thay shake hands in the morning and not be putting his hands all in his face, ect ...... that he (and you) should be fine.