Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Does typing V* or like words bother you?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I cannot spell, type or even say it

1 2.17%
  • I prefer not to type, spell, or say v*

4 8.70%
  • I have no problem with it

41 89.13%

I had never realized that so many people cannot spell out v* or similar words until I came here.

Then I started to wonder how many people are okay with using the full word but type v* to not offend others.

I am not saying I have a problem with it but I also am not sure I understand the connection between typing the word and actually going through the action.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

I can usually say it if I'm in a state of ok, but if I am in a panic, there's no way the word will come out but I will say "sick".

I usually type v* because its what everyone does, but once in a while I slip and spell the whole word.

I prefer not to type it because I know there are many other people that get paniky just over the word.

It does not bother me, but I also do not spell it out because I'm afraid it may offend others on here.

I do my best not to type it out too. I slip up every once in a while.

I have no problem with it, but I usually do not type it out in respect of people here who do. A few times I make a mistake though, I am sorry! However, I do have a superstition that if I am nauseous I can't say that I am, or else I will *jinx* myself.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I accidentally spelled it out in one of my posts. Sorry if it bothered anyone!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

I have no problem with it, but I usually do not type it out in respect of people here who do. A few times I make a mistake though, I am sorry! However, I do have a superstition that if I am nauseous I can't say that I am, or else I will *jinx* myself.

&lt;3 Anya--

That is funny that you say that because I am same way. I will tell my husband that my stomach hurts and he will ask if I am going to throw up. I get so mad! I say "NO! Don't ask me that!"

I am afraid to admit to the feeling.

Me too! I dont know, it almsot seems like...if I admit it, it is certain to happen, while if I don't, it isn't a must.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have no problem saying or spelling it out most of the time. I guess by not typing the word out sometimes I feel like (in some weird way) I am protecting myself from getting it ...................

I can say it and spell it, and I don't care. From this poll, it looks like the majority are not bothered by it, but we are all writing V in respect of those few who don't like the word spelled out.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

When I was younger,hearing or saying the v word totally freaked me out. Now, I can handle it but I haven't been spelling it out because I don't want to worry others.

I have absolutly no problem with typing the word vomit, but just avoid
    doing so for the sake of others, and it is perfectly understandable.

@_@ I can't type it, say it, and ihate hearing it. Makes me panicky. I wish it didnt. Looks like i'm the only one that voted the first one..oh well..Oh but here's the thing and its strange...I dont have trouble seeing it most of the time. lol. If it was written i'll look at it. I wont say it in my head but just look at it.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I agree I don't type the word out of respect for others. I will only not say the word if I feel ill in case I jinx myself.

I dont not have a problem with other people saying the word. Actually strangley enough I can watch someone doing it on the telly and even in front of me providing that it is alcohol/motion sickness related and not form a bug otherwise you wont see me for dust!

Is anybody else like that?