Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, I found this site awhile back while Norwalk was going around, I feel almost OCD about mentioning it, as if it will make me sick to let other peopleknow about it...But I figure if I have info like this it would be cruel of me not to post it to other people, so Forget the OCD This says some people are immune! http://www.ncrr.nih.gov/newspub/oct03rpt/stories2.asp go here...if there is problems going to the site let me know and I will post it again it took some worry off me... ~ Carolee

So does that mean that those people who did not get the virus after being introduced to it have never had it? Know what I mean. Everyone who does get it must not have that FUT2 gene. I probably need to read it again.

Some people have all the luck! How wonderful to have in-built immunity
    to norovirus! But the best news is that this research may lead to a vaccine
    which could help protect even those who don't have a non-
    functioning FUT2 gene... I can hardly wait!

you don't need to of had norwalk before for this immunity is how i understood it...but i always though tyou come in contact with norwalk then you will get it...but its not necessarily the case!

So I guess these people with the FUT2 gene has NEVER gotten it and NEVER will. It that right? I dont have it because I have had it a few times.

I really hope they make a vaccine... I really, really hope they do...
    \"This too shall pass\"