Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone have any sites to share about this? I have looked on a few...CDC etc and they all say the same thing. You are contagious when symptoms start and 3 days to 2 weeks after and that the incubation period is 24-48 hours but can be as little as 12 and up to 77 hours. Ok my question is if you have a virus and then you get the over it in a day, you go back to work, how would you spread it to someone else once the worst part is over. Common sense tells me by crapping and not washing hands but how else. I mean can the virus live on your clothes and you carry it to work and if someone touches you and then you get it in your face somehow? KWIM? I know that sounds kinda silly but I would like to know. I think it would be kinda of difficult to get it a couple of days afterwards unless you have real direct contact like using the bathroom right after them...etc.

Please share! This sh*t drives me crazy.

I hateto post this link because I am afraid you will go on this site and get even more freaked out about germs, however you asked for it. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

This may not have exactly what you are looking for but it is pretty interesting.

www.virology.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

What is the difference between cleaning and disinfecting? Cleaning and disinfecting are not the same thing. In most cases, cleaning with soap and water is adequate. It removes dirt and most of the germs. However, in other situations disinfecting provides an extra margin of safety. You should disinfect areas where there are both high concentrations of dangerous germs and a possibility that they will be spread to others (such as kitchens and bathrooms). That is because disinfectants, including solutions of household bleach, have ingredients that destroy bacteria and other germs. While surfaces may look clean, many infectious germs may be lurking around. Given the right conditions some germs can live on surfaces for hours and even for days.

http://www.mwsearch.com/mwsfoodsafety61502.html

<font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

I don't know, either, as you all know I am nervous after being at our friend's house on Wednesday--my friend Becki got sick an hour after we were there--yes, she hadn't v'ed yet, but how do I know that 1 hr. before wasn't part of the contagious period?? It'sclose enough to her being ill!!