Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I am about to embark on a book splurge! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] hehe just wanting to know which books have helped u guys and which ones to avoid?! I have already bought anxiety and panic by robert handler which im about to start readin, and as soon as i can get hold of a copy of the book that charlotte recommended - 'the power of your subconscious mind' ill get that too.
    thanx guys your input wud be appreciated an probly work out cheaper 4 me in the long run [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]
    xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I bought the book "the power of the subconscious mind" it is good. It is complicated in a way...but I seriously believe that it is indeed the subconscious mind that is making us think the way we do. I have been reading into hypnosis. Supposively the hypnotic state is the first or second stage of the sleep cycle (bare with me I am still reading about this). In this sleep stage you mind and subconscious mind "agree." It all makes sense to me to try this but I am researching it now and will let you know as soon as I find out more. Unless someone can chime in here about it and tell more.

The anxiety and phobia handbook. It has pretty good stuff. I think that's what it's called...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    \"This too shall pass\"

yes, i like that one too...by Bourne.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is a great book called "Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorder" by Jenna Glazer and Dr. Paul Foxman. Various people contributed to it, and I'm the 3rd chapter

It's not a bad book, but it deals with peoples phobias with commentary from a psychologist.

the anxiety and phobia handbook - did that help u with ur emet at all?
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

A lot of information from the anxiety and phobia handbook is correlating with what my psychologist is trying to get me to do, so from that angle, it helped a lot to reiterate what she wants me to learn. if that makes any sense. But, yes... I have to say I found the book helpfull.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    The anxiety and phobia handbook. It has pretty good stuff. I think that's what it's called...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Yes yes yes!! I have that...I got if from my mom. Very helpful with my
    anxiety disorder. I also have: "Coping with fear" or some nonsense
    book.

thanx guys - who is the author of this book? i'll buy it!

It's called "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edmund Bourne. I have it. Good stuff! Maybe I'll blow the dust off it and read it again! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by HDogg
    It's called "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edmund
    Bourne. I have it. Good stuff! Maybe I'll blow the
    dust off it and read it again! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Yeah, that's the one! Have fun with it..it has helped me quite a bit.

thanku [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] its bought!

Yay! Have fun with it!

Laura*

PS: Do you like the new avatar?

yeah its beautiful )

hey [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    i just wanted to update you all on one of the books ive ordered! its REALLY good! i feel good already, and with my anxiety being so bad at the moment i havent been out the house properly 4 a few weeks, but i did one of the exercises it tells u to do and i actually just went out! usually id spend an hour thinkin about it, but i just sed 'okay' an we left! im proud of myself - i have high hopes about this book. its all about meditations, affirmations and visualisations, how to ignore negative thoughts in ur head and replace them with more positive thoughts and scenarios! it teaches u how to go into 'alpha' state, which is the state ur brain goes into when u ur just about to fall alseep and just as u wake up, an at this stage ur at the unconscious level so u can tell ur unconscious wat u think, i.e i am happy to be sick, i am a calm and happy person' etc! so when u return to beta state (the state the brain is in when awake) ur unconscious tells the conscious the new information and u feel it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    i recommend the book!! theres all sorts of tricks in there too, if u want to buy it its'anxiety and panic attacks the cause and cure' by robert handler!
    just had to report this to you guys! hope everyone is doing okay ! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]