Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It seems like every saturday I have to work...I feel sick.

Now...yesturday I went to the bathroom like 4 times, and it was kinda loose like...and I'm worried that means I'm getting something. Then after work I felt kinda sick, like my stomac was hurting, I went home and slept. I woke up this morning feeling about the same.

I have lots of stress going on personal and school...and I'm also worried about getting sick..I've been really ill with a cold and have lots of mucus. So this could be why my stomac is upset.

What can I take to help myself out and get my self physched up for work? Not gravol cause it makes you sleepy.

I'm so so so worried that I'm going to get sick at work!

HELP
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

well, to ease your stomach drink some lemon tea! it cleanses your body an gets rid of anythin makin u feel a bit ill - always works 4 me! have one about an hour b4 work! thats the only thing i can suggest to u sorry xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

You won't get sick at work because it sounds like you are just feeling anxiety about going into the work environment. I used to get nervous about going to work too. You can tell that it's anxiety because you have pointed out that it occurs redundantly when you have to go to work. You will be fine.

Where do you work?

I agree with anxiety. You know how quick a stomach bug comes on. If you were going to be sick it would have happened by now!

How are you feeling? This is a bad time of year for us...especially since it seems to be dragging on!

I hope that you are feeling better. Stress, anxiety, and all that cold stuff could make your stomach upset. I think if you had a tummy bug, you would have been sick by now. Keep us posted on things!!

Thanks guys...I got through it...I even went out afterwards.

I think that conquering the fear means having to go out, even when you don't want to...or are worried about getting sick.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Thats good! Anxiety is NOT fun[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by crazybeautiful

I think that conquering the fear means having to go out, even when you don't want to...or are worried about getting sick.

Thats it!! Thats what my therapist was saying to me. And it worked at one stage! but I stopped doing that and let the phobia win. so im back to the start again.

but if you keep doing things that make you anxious, it gets easier and soon you wont be anxious bout doing them again. imagine that!!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it