Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pork scare

Heyo,

At my parents' house, and my dad grilled pork chops...but mine tasted funny like it was undercooked...seemed like it was too pink inside... or maybe i'm just too easily scared about whether meat is cooked enough or not... I should just simmer down... this past week has been too sickie-filled. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Is the chatroom generally empty? Or am I doing something wrong... I would have thought it would be more popular...
    Hope everyone's doing well today...free Zebra hugs for those who need one! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Cheerio,
    -Zebra

hi

i hopeyou areok, im sure the meat was fine, i convince myself stuff doesnt taste right or is too pink.

I cant go in the chat room as im at uni behind a firewall and it wont let me use chat rooms, i ahve msn and yahoo tho if u want to talk

You're like me: everything is too pink, undercooked, or too gristly. At restaurants when people recommend medium-rare, I ask for very well done. They look at me like I'm crazy! I don't think that there was anything wrong with the meat, unless it was almost raw it would not be undercooked. Also, since all of the pork chops were cooked at the same time, they would have had to be almost identical inside, meaning that if no one found anything wrong with theirs, I doubt that yours was bad.

The chat isn't working for me, I have AIM but it's taken away till the evening of the 24th. So I'm sorry!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I always ask for my meat well done, no pink! But many people eat their meat with pink and they are always fine!!

I am sure you are just fine![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think that when you grill pork or chicken, some of the meat stays pink, and that doesnt mean its not done. I dont know why, but I know it must be true. I have eaten plenty of pork and chicken cooked on the grill and never had a problem. However, when I go out to eat and I nor my family is the one cooking, I always get my meat well done.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

lol i dont even eat meat when i go out, i stick to a nice veggie dish! We always go to the same restaurant and i always have the same thing. my bf eats his steak medium rare, its so gross!

Quote Originally Posted by holly18
    lol i dont even eat meat when i go out, i stick to a nice veggie dish! We always go to the same restaurant and i always have the same thing. my bf eats his steak medium rare, its so gross!

yeah i know some people who eat steak rare too, and they look at me wierd when i eat mine well done!!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it