Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel n* again. I don't understand it, it occurs everyfewdays. It may be psychological because I'm paranoid about the whole thing. I'm just getting really fed upof feeling like this constantly.

What do you guys do to distract yourselves from it? How do you cope? Edited by: laurav

First, I take sips of water because a lot of the time I am dehydrated and that works. Then, i will go on the computer or watch TV, or listen to music and read a book. I need to have noise to distract myself. If I constantly think about the n* I feel it more, so distracting myself works. If I feel like I can talk I will call my friends and talk about the homework or the latest gossip (lol). I hope everything works out! If worst comes to worst you could always take an anti-n* pill.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I know how you feel laura, I get nauseated about every 3-5 days. I am very nauseated right now. I have learned to ignore it, if that makes sense? I force myself to eat my safe foods, and I really try to carry out my day, and not think about it. I actually just went grocery shopping despite my nausea. I also just try to distract myself. I do other things to take my mind off it. My nausea usually lasts all day, and night, but I seem to be getting used to it. I don't know if its just anxiety, or real nausea, but the key is to try to take your mind off of it. And just think, if you get nausea that much, you are probably not going to v* anyway. Hope you feel better.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I usually take small sips of Sprite or 7up, but distraction is the best. Usually, if I can get engrossed in a good TV show or a book, thenI will completely stop thinking about it.

For me it depends on the type of nausea I am having. Sometimes out of the middle of nowhere, my salivary glands kick in and even though I don't feel sick in the tummy I worry that I am going to be sick. Durring these episodes, chewing gum and trying to concentrate on something else works. When I feel queezy/nausea then it helps to sip ginger ale and lay down and relax and do some deep breathing. ( I usually get this kind because of sinus drainage ) If it is tummy ache/nausea I still sip g. ale and lay down and try to relax. Sometimes I will take gas x if I think I have a bubble or something.
    \"This too shall pass\"

hey, i feel for you i really do.... when my emet is at it's worst, i feel nothing but nausea every minute of the day and it is SO irritating. it's a vicious circle, i feel nauseous, so i dont eat, which makes me feel even more nauseous, so i dont eat.. e.t.c e.t.c.

i try and break the cycle by making myself eat bland foods like crackers, bread, biscuits e.t.c i chew gum, which normally helps or eat some kinda mint...

plus i'm with eveyrone else and their advice... it's all good too.

however the main thing is to try and not focus on it, however hard that seems.... read a book, or watch ur favourite film or something... because it's likely it is psychological... as mine was...

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It sounds like anxiety nausea.

Deep breaths, in and out..repeat 6 times. My massage therapist gave me that trick, it calms the nerves, heals your pain, ect ect.

Distraction is good too, listen to music, read, nap, bath, ect.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Try reading a magazine to help get your mind off of it. I usually buy a couple of magazines a week for this reason, and it helps because with anxiety induced nausea it will slowly go away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for your replies! Thankfully, the n* has disappeared for a while, but next time it happens I shall bear all suggestions in mind. Thank you once again, this place is the only thing that stops me going crazy!

crazybeautiful: You're probably right, I can get veryanxious sometimes over simple things, it's madness.