Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen any improvement with hearing about the stomach virus going around. I have not heard anything new. I dont wanna say it too loud if you know what I mean. I am hoping to hear there has been a slow down.

I have not gone anywhere so I feel ok and not too anxious. Stella????? what about you? Are you still hearing about it? Donna, Rhonda, Leigh?[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: madisonsmom

Of course its only been a few day though[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]since I have heard anything but I have not heard of anyone new getting it. Thats a good thing!

I'm going back to school today from March Break [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    I'm sure to get the report of how everyone's been sick and nonsense;
    and as far as I know Strep is still spreading like wildfire.</font>

Strep is here too, mainly in schools. A "flu like virus" is here but seems to be getting better...that is fever, chills, body aches YUCK! Better than the sv though!

We have spring weather ALL week...I HOPE it is finally here!

Last week I heard a few stories that made me uneasy, but I just keep taking it day by day.I live in Ohio, by the way.. I was thinking this morning, though about a story I heard last April that made me uneasy. When will this obsessing stop???

\"This too shall pass\"

I had heard several reports about 2 weeks ago but I didn't hear anything last week and nothing so far this week. It is supposed to be pretty nice and warm here this week so I'm very excited that Spring time is finally here! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is almost over!

Jess

I think strep and influenza are the biggies here now. Havent heard anything about any "sv's" I think (and I dont want to think to loudly) that "sv's" have died down here. Usually its not that bad around here this time of year. Usually a 24 hr bug will circulate some just before school gets out in May. I think things are good here for now ..................

We have had a hodge-podge of all types of things. The sv has been
    here since October and it is still here. However, I am hearing
    about a lot of pinkeye and I mean a lot. There is also the flu
    with respiratory symptoms and fever.

Stella

Well, apparently one of my friends from church had it this weekend!!!

GREAT! I think its starting to die down. *I think* I havent heard anything. I dont feel as anxious, I think its because nice weather is here. Its suppose to rain for 3 days - Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Are we getting our April showers??????

SV are all year...but I really havent heard of any outbreaks. I think it has been around every nursing home in the area. There may be a little in schools but I think that is getting better. Finally!

Got back to school today...

Okay, so there are 23 kids in my class. You know how many were sick over March Break?

Oooh not too many...

Just 17.</font>

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I think its gone in my area.Thank god. it just got really warm all of a sudden and maybe that killed off all the viruses. hopefully before next winter a miricle cure will be found!![img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Thank you! Some good news!

JPTK - where are you from? I am in Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsmom

JPTK - where are you from? I am in Maryland

I am from ireland, a but far away from your area(LOL). Iveread some good news for everyone though, the bugs should be gone very soon, whatevers going around now is just the tail end or something. Once the seasons change the bugs slowly die off
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

things seem to really be slowing down in toronto ontario canada...havent heard about many people getting it...december was tough...spring is coming soon YAY no more stomach flu outbreak...!!!

sunshine16. Were they sick with the sv??????? Even still, that's nuts!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I'm doing the 3 day countdown here again!! We went to a birthday party at the mall at Club Libby Lu yesterday--and both of my girls ate cake without washing their hands after being in the store and touching things that God knows how many other girls had touched beofre them!! And you all know how my luck has been t his year. . . .

Donna[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I think you'll be fine!

here in Nova Scotia I know the SV is going around in hospitals and nursing homes pretty bad - the one where my grandma is staying is closed untill the bug goes away - apparently shes had it twice. but as for that i think its dying off, hopefully soon!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It has already been in EVERY nursing home here. That was the WHOLE month of February! I *think* it is getting better here. No more big outbreaks anyway. I am sure at someone out their is sick.

I am so glad Spring is here!

Question for Madisonsmom -

You mentioned Aa"flu like virus" withfever, chills, body aches.Do you know anything more about it? I am pretty sure that this is what I have had for the last 8 days. !@#$%^ It has truly sucked, but even when I felt myworst, I could honestlysay that is was better than a sv. It came on the heels of my son having a cold and then a sv in the same week. When I started to feel lousy. I was scared that I had caught his sv. Absolutely NO stomach issues, but I have had all the other symptoms you mentioned.

The reason I ask is because my doctors' office seems to be without a clue as to what this is. Oh well, I appear to be somewhat on the mend. After dealing with illness in one form or another for the last two weeks, I am ready for a few freakin healthy months!!!!

I heard it from my kids pediatrician. It is basically exactly like influenza but when they are tested they test negative. It also does not last as long as the flu and does seem to go into complications like the flu has. It is viral and it just has to run its course like the flu. No stomach symptoms are involved.

Hope that helps you some!