Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey guys i thought i would share a little tip for releaving n*! i discovered it a while ago and had worked everytime! barley sugar boiled sweets are great. i told my mum that i thought they releived n* and she said that when she was little, her sister had the worse motion sickness. she couldnt go in a car for 10 mins without being sick, so she used to have barley sugar sweets and they stopped it! I was talking to a girl at work last week who is pregnant and she said she has had very bad n* and morning sickness and i suggested she tried them too. At work this sunday i saw her again and she said they did offer her some relef

so there you go everyone, i hope it works for someone else. it might just be a placeabo effect but i dont care, it works for me! (and they taste great too)

sounds interesting! where might i purchase these sweets??
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Barely sugar sweets, I have never heard of them. What exactly are they?
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4133
    Barely sugar sweets, I have never heard of them. What exactly are they?

That's what I'm talking about, what are barley sugar sweets?
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

they're hard boiled sweets that taste like barley sugar! they're really nice! lemon barly juice should help too if the sweets do xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Barley sugar - very well known in the UK - it must be a British thing! They used to hand them out on flights to help your ears pop - the extra swallowing helps. I didn't realised they helped motion sickness too.

I have often found that something sugary eg. lemonade, ginger ale, coke, etc seems to help N*. It has to be flat and non-fizzy for me. I don't know why sugar helps but it does. The anti-n* syrups I've seen in the US are mostly sugar, aren't they?

Anyone know why sugar helps?

I've never heard of them or seen them, so is it possible they don't sell that everywhere???

wow, they are wondeful, my favorite, and I thought they were justa nova scotia thing! they sell them here around xmas.

I'm wondering that maybe it's the fact that it has sugar, which may help boost a low sugar level, which can cause nausea, and fixes it.

whatever it does, I never thought it had anti nausea benifits. the only possible reason I can think of is the sugar level thing.

they are delicious though! ( the red are my fav)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

in the uk we have shops that have huge tins of sweets and the measure them by the quater. This is fasing out a bit now and you can buy them in packets. They are hard boiled sweets. they are very sweet and taste real good.

Quote Originally Posted by holly18
    in the uk we have shops that have huge tins of sweets and the measure them by the quater. This is fasing out a bit now and you can buy them in packets. They are hard boiled sweets. they are very sweet and taste real good.

hmm.. ill have to have a look round for these sweets. dont know if ill find em round here though
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it