Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Update on Rachel...

For those who may be following along on my cancer buddy "Rachel H." I just wanted to let you guys know that prayers are STILL needed for this sweet girl and maybe more so now than ever.

Her family traveled to Disney in Florida this past week for Rachel's "wish trip" granted by the wonderful "Make a Wish foundation" and unfortunately it didn't turn out to be quite the journey they expected. Her mom hasn't fully updated us on what happened yet, but in her words,
    "Rachel sure made the trip exciting, but not in the way we wanted it to be."
    She mentioned an ambulance ride, pediatric ICU, sedated, ventilator and chest tube" as being a part of what she'llfill us in on later.

So as you can tell it doesn't sound like quite the wonderful trip it should have been.

She and her mom and Grandma are supposed to be leaving tomorrow for California so she can start treatment on Thursday. Jodi is asking for prayers that sweet Rachel will be up to making the trip.

I tell you what... reading her site everyday is a really kick in the hiney to me...
    Makes me realize how trivialmost of my "life problems" are...

To the moms and dads out there... hug your kids a little tighter tonight... let them know how much you love them. They won't be kids forever and you never knowwhat life will bring.

http://www.caringbridge.org/mn/rachelhansen/

~Rachel Edited by: kentuckygalrk
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Please keep us updated on her condition...

She and her family will be in my thoughts
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Rachel,

My prayers are with Rachel and her family. I signed her guestbook again, and I just hope with all my heart she will recover!

God bless her!! She's such a brave little girl!! And that smile could make anybody melt!!! I cried when I visited her site! How can you not?

She's not only a princess, but a super hero!

Please keep us updated on Rachel's progress!

I hope she knows that lots of prayers are coming her way!

Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WOW WHAT A STORY!

you are totally right about our problems being trivial they need to be in everyones prayers or if you dont believe in that sort of thing, than at least your thoughts

i know i am thinking about her

Aw hunn I follow her story both through you're posts and the website,
    please rest assured that she is in ALL of my familys thoughts and
    prayers.

I feel so sad for her!! I will definetly keep her in my thoughts, and tell my friends and family to do so also. Will you keep us updated on her condition???

Do you sponser caringbridge children? Because I would love to, if i could get a chance...

<3 anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hey everyone...

Thank you all so much for your prayers... I know that Rachel's family is really comforted by knowing there are so many people who care.

Still no word yet on whether or not they were able to leave for Cali yesterday, but no news is typically good news. I just hope she's feeling better.

To answer Anya's question,over the past couple of years I have, as we say, "adopted" many, many children through the wonderful site Share The Love. If you go to the site you will find the names of so many little ones, some older children as well, who are suffering from any number of illnesses, diseases, and other disabilities.Most of them have cancer. There are oportunities to donate money to Caringbridge,various other organizations, hospitals,and even at timesto some of the families. But, you are NEVER required to send money to anyone. All they ask of you when you become an adopter is to visit that child's site as often as possible, even if it's just once a week, and sign the guestbook with encouraging words. I've sent gifts to my buddies before, but simplybecause I felt compelled...I was never asked or felt obligated to do so.

These kids are just amazing, every single one,and since I'm going into that field of workit's something I definitely benefit from in more ways than one. I do warn everyone wanting to get involved that it is often times a heartbreaking experience, even when you don't know the family personally. I've been visiting Rachel's site for two years now, since back when she was first diagnosed and I don't think that it ever occured to me that she might not make it...and asmuchas I hope with all my heartthat she gets her miracle... I also know that it's all in God's hands. She was my first buddy though and she holds a really special place in my heart.

One of the biggest sayings around caringbridge, something you see saidalmost each time a child passes on is "She has WON her battle with cancer" or "he has received his miracle." Because death doesn't mean you lose and we all truly feel that going home to God is a miracle too. It's just that we hope for miracles here on earth.

It's a great experience though... I highly recommend it and it does truly make you thankful for your life, and your health. I listed the site below so thatanyone wanting to get involved... feel free to do so :O)
    and I will also put a link to another one of my buddies, Benjamin, who is nearing the end of his battle. He will just melt your heart!!!
    http://www3.caringbridge.org/oh/benjaminj/

http://www.sharethelove.org/

Thanks again everyone!
    ~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown