Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel sick. Is there anyone around? i am very gassy and its making me nervous...help I am also naseuas

Hi Snow Angel...I hope I can help you a bit here. Sometimes when I get belchyI panic and that makes me feel like I'm experiencing nausea but its usually just nerves. I do somedeepbreathing techniques and it goes away.

Ive been gassy too and quite nauseous but it is my nerves. I havent been anywhere to catch anything.

How are you now sweetie[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]?

I think it helps me to distract myself - read a magazine or watch TV and try and take your mind off of things. Sometimes that will help.

Thank you all for your advise. It's been an hour and I am sipping on ginger ale. I took a gravol (dramamine) and I feel a lot better. But I have had gassy feelings in my lower abdomin for 24 hours now. Be honest, I think it's something I ate and I just have to wait for it to take its course. Thankfully my stomach (upper) is not bothering me. Of course, us emets always think the worse with the slightest pain or a bit of gas...thank you all again...I hope you are well and dealing with this thing as best as possible

snowangel how are you feeling now? When your tummy feels like that try nibbling on some soda crackers.

I have IBS, which is similar to the experiences you have. But I can get cramping pain above my groinand elephant-sized amounts of farting. Your stomach is around the bottom of the rib cage. If you get sensations anywhere else, it is not your stomach but either your bowel,gall bladder or appendix. If it's bowels, then within half an hour you'll be on the toilet or you'll just do a few farts and relieve the wind. If it's gall bladder, you'll have pain but no vomiting. And if it's appendix, you'd be thinking you'd rather had a stomach upset.

I know with gas, I just tend to feel misreable all around stomach wise. Usually theres some nausea, and cramps, and it just makes you feel bleh, but you prolly won't be sick with something like that.

Yeah, I am gassy ALL THE TIME. It makes me nauseous sometimes, but it usually doesn't freak me out. I noticed that when I exercise, I feel better because the gas works its way out! Go for a walk. Or, bend over with your face to the floor and your behind in the air like a stink bug and relax. This helps too. Hope it doesn't sound to weird!