Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Donna1216

I have been thinking about you! How are the girls..

AND how are you!!!???

Donna how are you and the girls? Debbie told me what happened in the doctors office!!

Hi all, we are okay so far, it happened on Tuesday and now it's Friday. I still keep thinking about it, though and picturing it in my mind!!! I feel sorry for the kid who did IT--he looked embarrassed, and you know how miserable he had to have felt, and then I keep obsessing over the girls catching a SV, you know, I just keep thinking "Just because MY waiting period is almost over doesn't mean a virus is REALLY on that 72 hr. schedule" I had a friend who got sick 5 days after the rest of her family, so the three day rule isn't always ACCURATE, and so my nerves are SHOT. I will feel better after Easter!! It's my FAVORITE holiday, so I am hoping it doesn't get TAINTED!!

The only thing with a whole family getting it you really do not know when your friend got it. It could have been on anything after her family was better and she came in contact with it and got sick. KWIM? I have read off of CDC anywhere from as soon as 12 hours to as late as 77 hours. You really never know...since no one in your family has gotten it I really think you are JUST FINE!!

Hang in there![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Think positive because I really feel everyone will be ok.

Donna: "I had a friend who got sick 5 days after the rest of her family, so the three day rule isn't always ACCURATE, and so my nerves are SHOT."

She may have been sick for another reason or got the bug from someone outside the family. Viruses don't survive outside the body very long, so it's highly unusual to get ill after five days.

The important thing is that you keep up your strength to fight off any illnesses. If you are not sleeping or eating properly and are highly stressed, then you are going to run yourself down.Let someone else take control over the public holiday weekend and chill out.

People get sick for various reasons. I once went to a Mexican restaurant with a large group of friends and ate the same buffet food as they did. All of them got violent food poisoning (including the vegetarians), but I was ok. It's strange, but we've all got different immune systems and it seems that your's is particularly strong if you haven't caught the bug the child had.

Same here I always wait a week before I feel safe~ Only because a couple of years ago my daughter had it on a Mon afternoon and i caught it on Fri. but I just had serios nausea and fever chills for almost 2 days it was awful but I knew I had "it".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's been 77 hrs!! THe girls are spending the night with Greg's mom tonight, she came and picked them up and so I have peace!! And she doesn't care if they v***!!! So I will hopefully sleep tonight and feel less stress. Greg and I are actually going to go to the movies and out to dinner alone tonight, WOW!!

Good for you Donna. You really need a break from all of this. I seriously...I mean SERIOUSLY doubt anyone is going to get it.

My mother in law does not mind v* either. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Conner was over there in July when he v* twice and she never called me at work to let me know!

Have a good night and a good nights sleep ( I envy you[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) If I only had a sitter tonight!

LOL hubby and I were supposed to go out tomight, but oh well! Now the other daughter tested pos for strep. There is no end to this crapola!!! I hope not to get it cause I will not get a test done, I absolutely hate them!

Blah, I hope you don't get it. My kids' doctor doesn't bother to test anyone else with symptoms if someone in the house has already tested positive for strep she just prescribes the antibiotic--maybe your doctor will do the same!!

UGH! Does the madness ever end?? I actually think its getting better...

Funny as it seems my oldest daughter does not even have a sore throat~ both times... Just a temp and headache, which I have had a headache for a while now. Their Dr. wanted to test me and I was very apprehensive about it and he said I could come in if I changed my mind... and I won't.

Blah, that sucks that he won't just take your word for it!! How are you feeling today??