Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me - little boy v* outside my house

I looked out of the window this morning and there was a pile of what looked like v* next to the drain. Then my dad comes out with a hose, and starts washing it away down the drain. I asked my mum what he was doing, and she said, "Clearing up a little boy's sick." I nearly fainted, I am so scared. I started crying. My mum knows all about my phobia, but I don't think she knows how terrified I am right now. She said she expects it was travel sickness. I'm so scared that my dad has brought all the germs into the house. Help me, I want to die, I'm freaking out so badly. And I'm meant to be going to this drinks thing tonight which I was worried about anyway, and now this. I can't do this anymore, I don't want to live like this. What if I get sick for new year? My friend is sleeping round on NYE but I'm wondering whether to cancel in case I wake up in the night sick...? But I don't want to let her down. I hate this, I can't keep doing this. Please help me

Default Re: Please help me - little boy v* outside my house

Please I feel really really sick and shaky help

You won't catch whatever caused that boy to be sick just because your dad washing it away with a hose. I am sure he didn't touch it with this bare hands and he would have to do that, not wash, then touch the surfaces in your house. I am sure no one, emet or not, would do that. Don't cancel your plans. You will be fine and have a great time with your friend.

Thanks for the reply my mum said it was travel sickness. I didn't actually see it happen, but I think she did, and she said he got out of the car and v* - so she think it's travel sickness. She says my logic is all wrong, how would it actually be transmitted, even if it was a bug? I'm not panicking anymore, just so so anxious. I've had a little bit to eat but I just don't want anything. Feeling so sick and nervous. Thanks though.

I'm sure you are going to be fine....I know the horrible panic and paranoid feeling you get though when you think "your life is gonna be over" and stuff...I would have probably felt the same way too...I'll never forget on my street the people across the street had a party and the kid turned 21 well you can imagine...My hubby and I went out and it was dark when we came home. I could see a puddle of V in front of their driveway in the dark....but I was so afraid of leaving the house in the morning because I had to see it...not cool

I know, it's terrifying. Feeling a bit less anxious now. That must have been awful for you with the party. I had to go out yesterday evening but I got into the car from the opposite side to avoid where it happened, even though it had been completely washed away!

You will be fine I am sure..though, not pleasant to see. A few years ago, someone v* on our doorsteps to our apartment building. It was freezing out and it was frozen. How gross nobody cleaned it away. Everyone had to carefully step around it for 2 days until it was cleared. I was freaking out...but I never got sick from it. And come to think.of it, I touched the door handle so many times those 2 days,.and didnt think twice if the person had a sv. Now it would be a different story..I would probably be bleaching my hands.

Thanks guys feeling ok now. It's been 55 hours now... am I ok?

Ha ha I know how you feel...I;m glad your feeling better.