Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am feeling very sick to my stomach right now. As most of you all know, I got my stent out of my kidney last Friday, well, I have been feeling horrible for the past couple of days. I have been running a low grade fever, have been having terrible headaches, my kidney has been killing me, and the nausea is unbearable. I went the doctor yesterday, and they tested my urine for an infection, and it was negative. I am just really scared that my kidney is blocked already, and if it is I will have to have it removed. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I told my doctor about my symptoms, and she prescribed me some antibiotcs just in case I am developing an infection. She also said that I might need time to adjust to not having the stent drain my kidney. I just can't take the nausea and the pain!!! I am eating fine, but as soon as I eat I feel really sick to my stomach. I know the nausea is due to my kidney, but I am still scared. The doctor said I have to stay home for the next week, and stay off my feet so everything can try and heal.

Is this ever going to end?? I thought as soon as I got the dam thing out, I would feel better, but I almost feel just as bad, and sometimes worse. I am so scared this surgery didn't work. I don't think I can handle another surgery, and I am sure I can't handle them taking out my kidney, and only leaving me with one. I am so scared. I just keep praying that everything will work, and I won't need to have my kidney removed.

Please send prayers my way, I am nervous. Thanks.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Hi Mitch...I am sorry to hear you're not feeling well. That must be really uncomfortable. I have been feeling off too tonight but this sounds a bit more serious. Try and drink ginger ale and relax. Maybe a bath and an anti naseaunt?

Hi Michele, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I can sure relate to hating the nausea. Lay still and pray. I will pray for you also. It's gotta get better soon. Can't last forever. I had a small wave a nausea earlier this evening. Have had some sort of bug that's moving throughout my body. It scared me, but finally passed. I wish that would happen for you. I know nothing about your kidney situation or what to say. However, I do believe prayer is powerful and usually the only thing that can help me.

Take care and know you're in my prayers.

Jody

Hi Michele; Take your pills and rest. You have been through so much and your body needs that rest to heal. You need to keep your mind occupied so you are not driving yourself crazy. Plop your hinney on that couch, watch tv and rest!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you feel better soon!!! Charlotte

Spring is here!

Geez Mitch that sounds just awful. I will pray for you. I really hope things work out. Did the doc give you any antinausea meds?

You should ask the doctor to give you some anti-nausea drugs and emphasise that the nausea is the worst symptom. I also find that, in emergency situations like aircraft, valium (diazapam)helps calm me down and calm my stomach. Ask him for some 5mg tablets of valium to keep your down your anxiety, which could also be aggravating the nausea.

I can't offer prayers as I'm not religious, but my thoughts are with you.

sounds horrible, just seems to be one thing after another! I hope you feel better soon and dont have to go through any more surgery
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I REALLY hope you feel better fast! I'm thinking of you!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Oh, Michele, I am so so sorry!! I hope you feel better soon!! How awful to have to go through all of this!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Aww, Michele, I am so sorry! You are definitely in my prayers! I hope you feel better real soon!

\"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Michele:

You poor thing. I am so sorry for your pain and discomfort. I would definitely ask the doctor for an anti-nausea supository (spelling?). It is so horrible to be nauseated. I will pray for you as well, because God can do all things...especially relieve this discomfort you are having. Let us know how you are doing.

Stephanie

Thank you everyone, your prayers, and support really mean alot to me. I had a better morning today, I woke up hungry, and then I went to my parents, and the pain and nausea started. So I now realized, I cannot go ANYWHERE until I am 100%. I just wish that this would end!!!

i'm so sorry, I am praying that you feel better!!!! Is there anything the dr. can give you for the nausea??? You are just going through the ringer, it's so unfair!!!

Yea probably, but I have been dealing with this nausea since I have been diagnosed, and this may sound weird, but I am kind of testing myself. If I can get through all of this without taking any drugs, I will know that I am strong, and I can deal with v*. Does that sound completely insane or what???

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4133
    Yea probably, but I have been dealing with this nausea since I have been diagnosed, and this may sound weird, but I am kind of testing myself. If I can get through all of this without taking any drugs, I will know that I am strong, and I can deal with v*. Does that sound completely insane or what???

Nope, that sounds quite brave actually. It shows your determened to fight all this S**t. Keep it up!! Most people would take the drugs without thinking twice, including me.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it