Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone,
    I am a new to this site and although I am sorry that there are so many of us suffering from this fear it is also somewhat comforting to know that I am not alone. I was reading some past postings by women who had concerns about morning sickness and this relates to some issues I've been experiencing recently. This past summer I had a twin miscarriage at 18 1/2 weeks pregnant. It was the most horrible, sadest experience I have ever gone through. To make matters worse, during most of my pregnancy I was very morning sick and nauseous. Although it has been months since I lost the babies, I still feel sick and nauseous way too much of the time. I think its related to stress and it gets worse when I think of my time in the hospital, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any tips to deal with stress causing nausea? I want those women out there who are phobic of morning sickness to know that I would go through it all over again in a heart beat to have my babies back...being pregnant (whether or not you feel sick) is the most amazing wonderful experience. Thanks for listening, I would appreciate any feedback or tips people might have?
    -Katie

Katie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I cant even begin to imagine how hard that is to go through. Maybe the nausea and sick feelings you are still experiencing are stress, maybe even depression related. You went through AlOT this past summer. Have you thought about going for some counseling?

Oh my gosh Katie I am so sorry. Your story really tugged at my heart. Leigh has a good point have you thought about going into counseling? Have you talked to your doctor about this stress? Maybe he can recommend a doctor whom you can see about this.

Take Care

Rhonda

I am so very sorry, too. I agree, you should seek some counseling, maybe the nausea is from your grief. Let us know if you need to talk!

First I am SO sorry for your loss.

I agree with the others! Stress and depression kinda go hand in hand. Maybe you do need some counseling. I agree that you really did go through alot dealing with your loss![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

We are here for you!

Aww, I am so sorry! I think everyone has great advice and maybe some therapy could at least help w/ the depression/anxiety/nausea.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin