Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My daughter has strep again, and this time dr. put her on a Z-pack. she is complaining of an upset stomach and I am so nervous. is this a common reaction? I just had a z-pack a couple of weeks ago and was fine. She is 10 years old. Please let me know so I can relax and know that it is just the pills. Thanks, Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got an upset stomach when i was on it also, i'm sure it's just the medication.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thanks BabyGap!!! I guess that was what I wanted to hear... Someone else having an upset stomach while taking it. It probably is strong for a child and this is the first day with the 2 pills. Is the 2 pills a double dose to kind of kick in the effects?

YES YES YES. Z-pack always upsets my stomach. I was also tired and had no appetite. I have been on it 3 times over the past year for a sinus infection and it happens every time. I thought I was getting something the first time...but when I got to the last dose I was feeling better.

Its a good medicine but does not have pleasant side effects!

Oh yea...the first day is the "loading dose". Do not worry. Did she get side effects shortly after taking it??

I just got done with the Z-Pack. It upset my stomach for the first 2 days, then my body got used to it and I was fine. I just don't think it worked to well, because my throat is hurting again today.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

She said she feels better and wants Subway for dinner... so thats a good sign!! I told her that its a strong pill and she wont feel this way tomorrow.

Hopefully she wont. I did not have an appetite for the first few days. I can almost bet that is the problem.

I would make sure she takes it with food!

Dont forget that strep can cause them to have an upset tummy too. Remember one of Donna's girls v* with strep!

Hope that helps too!

Yes, Haley had an upset stomach with strep, as did the little girl she caught it from. Also, both of my girls get sick from Zithromax. I, however, have no bad side effects from it--I guess it just depends on the person--and let her have the Subway!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] WHen they're sick, I let them eat whatever they want (as long as they're not sick w/a sv, of course!!)

I had pneumonia last year and was on Zithromax. It gave me an upset stomach too.