Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: College

i've been doing ok emet wise lately but im really really worried about the future....I went to visit my first college today miami fl and i thought it was really nice we went on a tour and everything...then we get to the dorm rooms...i just dont know how i can live in one of these places i mean the insides of the buildings are gross and i have to share a room half the size of my own with another person as well as a bathroom with 40...what if someone is sick...i just dont know how i am going to be able to deal with college..let alone the rest of my life...now im worried about kids and getting married and my wife and all that stuff...god theres gotta be some way for me to be able to never get sick again...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

Focus on the present dont worry to much into the future. You said you're 16 right? I'm 15 (almost 16~ =D)and I got to start thinking about my future as well but not so far into it. At the moment my future is just college too. I wont start thinking about family life until later on. Well I want to go away to college as well and I know it'll be tough but I have to believe in myself and I'll be fine. Same as you. Think about it, i've come this far and everything was fine. I know its easier said than done but after awhile you start to believe it. I mean i'm still scared of IT but I'm trying. Think of all the things you've done and you were fine. That helps. Sorry i'm rambling here. Ehehe.. =l
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

baseballplaya12, I agree with wing. Don't let the phobia rule your future please. There are people on this site that are in college and they are doing ok, sure they as well as everyone here has their ups and downs. Don't get too discouraged!

I agree, dont let it ruin your future. Do you HAVE to live on campus?? Is there anyway you can travel to college. I went to college as well and I did not have a problem. I didnt live on campus though.

Whatever happens...stay in college[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

How about possibly renting an apartment near the college? It would probably be cheaper also. The cost of living in a dorm is so outrageous these days!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i really dont think thats an option...i dont know for sure though...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123