Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Read my later post.Edited by: x hannah x

Hannah - can u remember the exact magazine? Is it a recent edition?

god that INFURIATES ME! to the point that i wanna write in and explain to them exactly that literally hundreds of people are suffering at the hands of something they class as 'freaky'!!!!!!! HOW DARE THEY! and i bet loads of their readers are young emet sufferers who are even too scared to tell anyone for fear of being called 'freaky' - great way to stop all this s**t hey.

If it is a recent edition, we should all write a kinda joint letter explaining why that is NOT freaky and they are very insensitive...I mean, god!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

which girls aloud member was it ? id love to read more about her xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I personally agree with you that it is mean and insensitive, but we have to remember that these people don't know what it means to be an emet or any other kind of phobic, lord only knows I've done my own judging in the past, but I guess when we're not educated about the subject, we tent to talk out of our a**es, and we have to forgive them....Or try to![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yes we can forgive them - but id much rather educate them!! Maybe we could write a letter - here on the site and then all send a copy - maybe with copies of our own emet experiences? who knows - maybe they might run a whole article on it in the next edition if it proved to cause such a stir!

it is hard to understand or sympathise with something if it doesnt affect u - but at least education and spreading the word might help people be less insenisitve sometimes?

ems x

Yea, i like your idea emma...maybe not an angry letter because they didn't really know what they were doing, but something to educate them! hehe

<3 Anya--

Ok so I called my friend and made her spend ages looking for the magazine, it was Sneak, an old one, from about a month ago and was Sarah from girls aloud. I sent an email in, (sorry I hadn't read the idea about the group email thing) I wrote about the site and how alot off us were offended by their letter.

OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!!! Look what just turned up in my junk mail box!

Hi Hannah
    My name's Laura and I work at Sneak magazine. I just wanted to say thankyou so much for emailing us and giving us info about emetophobia.

It's a phobia that we've had quite a few readers writing to us about, and we're really interested in speaking to teenagers who have experience of it so we can raise more awareness. I was just wondering if you might be interested in having a chat to us about your phobia, and appearing in Sneak at all? It would just involve a half hour chat on the phone - nothing too scary!
    Anyway, let me know if you're interested, Hannah. We'd love to hear from you!
    thanks
    Laura x

OMIGOD!!! I wrote back saying that it would be great to talk about it. How cool is this? We could raise soooo much awareness!Edited by: x hannah x

ohhhhhhh thats AMAZING! finally some exposure for us emets - great job hannah its wonderful ! maybe sarah from the group would want to promote it too ! xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

maybe sarah has already visited this site - or visits the site - an we just dont know [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Oooh that's so wonderful! Yay! To think that things like that can happen so quickly...

By the way I'm in the US...does Sneak exist here? if not, can someone post the article if it comes out? thanks

<3 Anya--

Alright, I don't really know what you guys are talking about but I get
    the jist of it! Great job Hannah! I will help in any way I can!

That's so cool ^_^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I dont know where the original post it.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I am lost!

It just said I was a bitstressed cos someone in the magazine said v* fearing was freaky.

Oh I did read that...sorry! Good for you in getting a reply from them. MAKE A DIFFERENCE[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

Oooh that's so wonderful! Yay! To think that things like that can happen so quickly...

It wasn't that quick, I emailed a while ago but the message went to my junk mail so I just found it.

Oh WOWWWWW!! Thats sooo cool Hannah! Im really pleased you wrote in! Def speak to them - or tell them that loads of people here would im sure! well me for one! That would be amazing if they wrote a whole article - ive never seen anything before in teenage magazines - well not when i was groing up anyways!

Well done! Justice is done - well nearly/maybe!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ems xx