Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sick.. :(

I am feeling really terrible right now. It is strange because I was feeling fine this morning. But when my boyfriend came by to pick me up for Easter dinner with my friends, I was suddenly dizzy and nauseated. I drank some sparkling water and took some Pepto, but it is still bad. I had to send him by himself. I feel horrible about not going, but it is over an hour away, and I cant deal with the possiblity of getting sick while not at home. The guilt I am feeling isnt helping matters either.

I am hoping it isnt a sv. But I guess only time will tell, huh? I dont have a fever at all, it usually comes with a fever, right? Just really bad n* and d*.. And I keep shaking, but that may be my nerves. Does anyone else get that?? I wish there were someway to take this away!

Sorry for rambling, but you guys and gals are the only ones who really understand.

--Kim

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so awful. I also shake when I am nervous so maybe that is what is going on with you. Just try to stay calm and relax. Don't beat yourself up about not going to Easter dinner. If you don't feel well you need to be at home resting. I am sure that everyone understands. Keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Beth
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am very so sorry that you are sick. I am sure your boyfriend understands why you can't go, and I sure he feels bad going without you. And you are probably shaking from being nervous. I do the same thing when I get nervous. Have you been around anyone that has been sick with a sv? Did you maybe eat something that didn't agree with you?? I would just try and relax as much as you can, eat some crackers for the nausea, and sip some water, or ginger ale. I hope you feel better soon, what a crappy Easter huh? Feel better and let us know how you are.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Thanks for the support. I am still feeling crappy. I havent been around anyone sick, and I havent eaten for 24 hours. Weird. I have just been sleeping most of the day. God, please dont let this be the time I v*.. I dont even remember what it feels like. Ick.

Thanks again for writing in, it feels so good to hear from people who understand how terrifying this all is.

--Kim

They dont always come with a fever. If you havent been around anyone sick then I would not think its a sv. How are you now?

Hey hun, hope your doing better today...

We all go through the guilt, it comes with this crappy emet, I guess, but don't worry about it, your bf understands and if he doesn't, well then too bad for him and all the others who don't!!!

Keep your chin up!

Kim, how are you feeling today? I hope you are doing better, let us know.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I am doing better today. A bit dizzy, but I will take that over the nausea. Blech.. Thanks for asking!

Oh, by the way.. My boyfriend called lastnight from the house he went to for dinner, and everyone yelled hello and thanks (I sent food with him).. Made me feel better! So I guess they werent pissed that I didnt show.

--Kim

Sounds like your boyfriend is very understanding, I am glad that you are feeling better. Sorry you had such a crappy day yesterday though ..............

Yeah, he is really wonderful. I know he probably doesnt "get it" but he tries really, really hard to understand. And to me that is almost better. I know I couldnt put up with someone who acts like me.. hehe.

--Kim

Kim,
    do u still feel bad?
    perhaps it is simply coz u havent eaten for a while?

ems x

Nope, I am actually feeling much better! I had some mac n cheese and it worked well, I am happy to say.

Thanks for checking in!

--Kim

aww thats good news! maybe u were just under the weather or somethins - but doesnt mean you will get v* hey! we have to take the positive from these times!!

hugs
    emsx