Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker on this site for months and months, but I decided to start posting, because I want to help reassure people, and get some reassurance myself!

I last vomited when I was 4, I am now 23, and touch wood I want to keep that going. It wasn't particularly traumatic when I did the deed, just unpleasant as normal, but I remember laughing and wanting food right after it, so that didn't cause the emet. But if one of my sisters or someone at school was ill, I would burst into tears, and get more attention than the sick person. I've had a few days when I've been gagging, (not for 10 years though) but nothing came up. I've had diarreah twice in my life. I can't believe I know that! It seems that the fear has gotten worse with age. Last year was terrible. Every day I was waking up thinking it was my time. I have been to many therapies and I don't worry about being ill so much, but when my stomach starts getting weird, I start getting worried. But I'm so lucky that I have great family and friends and people at work are all so fantastic and supportive of me. I'm grateful that I have people I can phone at 3 or 4am in a panic for reassurance.

The worst moment with my emet was 2 years ago. I live in Scotland and I will never forget the front page of the biggest national paper was "2.5 million Scots have the bug". Referring to the Norwalk virus or Winter Vomiting Virus, which everyone had! I hate when folk go on about bugs going around especially when they know how I feel about it. It's like "SHUT UP!!!!!!!" I just worry and worry when I hear about the bugs. I would rather break a bone than be sick. I know its daft and irrational, but if I could break my arm and be guaranteed never to vomit I would take it!!!!

've got a long story but I don't want to completely bore everybody with my first post.

Thanks for listening.

Roz[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome to the site. I am also fairly new and can relate to much of what you are saying. I am 28 and have been an emet since age 5. I have vomited several times in my life, and it never gets easier for me. It is funny how fear has a tendency to torment us if we allow it to. I also would rather have pain than nausea or vomiting. I hope you find the support here you need as I have found everyone to be very encouraging.

Stephanie

You are not a bore darling...it's nice to hear other ones stories....that are so very familiar...I hope that you have many more V free years...I haven't done it in almost 15 yrs...so I am knocking on wood every single day....some days are better than others...but I find that xanax (anti-anxiety) meds help alot when I am having a rough time or when I am sick or my kids...so best of luck to you and keep on posting..the people here are wonderful and supportive...Love Kat

Welcome to the site Roz! i hate that too - with stomach bugs and things going round and people going on and on abt it.

diarrohea twice - wow that pretty impressive! i wish i were so lucky! hehe!

well keep posting sweety! we are all here to support each other through the rough!

ems xb

Thanks everyone! It's just so good having people that are going through what I am! Like I said I've got a great support from family and friends, but they don't really understand what I'm afraid of. If they get ill, it's like "ok I was ill. big deal!" Whereas I seem to worry and obsess and the slightest thing. Even if I get a shiver I'm like "I'm getting the bug!!!!" Or if my stomach rumbles or if I don't feel hungry. Thankfully its' not as bad as it was, but I still think about it alot!

Thanks again guys!

Roz xxx

welcome, I'm new here as well but i do have to say this is a great site for support. and congrats on going so long and even more impressive is your d* record. have to say i am a bit jealous and would love to know your secret

Hi Roz, welcome!

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.