Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

We often have times when we are afraid because we fear we have been exposed. In the large majority of these cases, we don't end up getting sick. This fact is nice for me to think about because it means thatthe SVisin realitynot constantly threatening us and is not that easily caught, for if it were that easily caught, we all would be sick a lot more often. Mentally and emotionally we fear, but the real physical threat is a lot less present.

Does anybody else think about how they have not gotten sick despite hearing about the virus or fearing exposure and allow that to comfort them because it shows that the virus and Vare not that powerful or omnipresent?

YES...I was thinking about it today. I was talking to my husband and he asked me how many times we have had a stomach virus since we have been togethor (which is 10 yrs) and I can only think of 3 or 4 times. Of course its going to be more frequent with small kids.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I do definitely think about it. SV are not a huge threat to us. Think about it. How many times do we really get them. The ongoing daily fear and worry is BY far worse than getting it. I know the last time I got it when I actually had V*ing, I know a huge cloud was lifted and I was thinking "That wasnt bad at all". I wish I could keep that mentality ALL THE TIME!Edited by: madisonsmom