Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: AM I Alone??

I have to ask this, and this really only pertains to me, but wanted to know if I am alone on this? Ok so, I was on vacation last week, me and Hubby took my son to Georgia to see his aunty and Uncle.. such a good trip.. I was nervous about flying, but took a dramaine, and was good to go both ways. But had no time to jump on here and chat or look for that matter, we were running all around. Not once did I worry what if I get sick, I ate out, I drove far & in the back seat to.. I did get altitle quizzy, but for the most part was ok.. Then I came home, and was really excited about getting to see how everyone was doing, and then I start to panic again. I love coming here, u guys are like the family that really and totally understands, but I have to wonder if hearing others being sick, does not cause me to freak out and worry myself to death more.. I would hate to not come here, its been such a routine and sooo helpfull.. Does anyone else feel this way? Thanks Christy

the overall site doesn't scare me, but sometimes the v* stories do. Generally, I will stay away from stories about people v*ing unless I am in a really good point in my therapy, and instead help people with other, less graphic but still emet things. I don't know if this would help, but it's worth a try!

Oh, I'm glad that you had such a good time on your trip!!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

hi

i find that too, i havent been on really for a few days and have coped fine, but i find this is the only place i can turn when i am feeling really bad, which touch wood seems to be getting less and less. I dont think this site makes me worse as most of the v* stories of bugs going around seem to come from the USA so i dont think of them much after i have read them

Hi, Im new to this site and in the last few days have been on other sites too. I never realised that there are so many people out there that are like me! I have found it really reassuring but i do feel a little more on edge since reading some of the stories. I have not had a panic attack for about 6 months but then i had one a couple of days ago which has set me back a little. I wont put me off though, this site is really great!

You're not alone. I feel sometimes like when I come on here, I'm reinforcing the phobia and validating my feelings of anxiety. I know I shouldn't come, but I can't help myself. I often don't even think about this fear for long stretches of time and then I sit down at the computer, find myself typing it in the address line, and boom, I'm an emetophobe all over again. Does that make sense? I think that this site is a godsend in many ways but in some ways it can hinder progress....
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Lately I've also been wondering whether or not this site heightens my anxiety.

This site does not make me worse. I really only visit here when I (SELFISHLY) need support or have a question or want to keep in touch with the friends I have made. I rarely visit in the spring or summer, and I do not worry about v'ing during that time, for the most part!!!

It used to make me worse, but not anymore. Especially, when I read posts about stomach viruses, but when I think about, if I'm going to get it, I'm going to get it. There's nothing I can do, so there's no point in worrying. Except wash my hands when I'm supposed to. Other than that, I don't worry anymore. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]