Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New here

Hi there everyone

My name is Lizzie, im 20! I have suffered with emetophobia for as long as i can remember, my mum said i was terrible as a child!

I didn't even know there was a site about this nevermind all these people!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I have just found out im pregnant with my second child! With my first child i didnt find out till late i didnt have any symptoms at all, but i have found out early this time and now my days are filled with worry and panic thinking im gonna get morning sickness and be sick [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I get nauseous in the eveinings and then i make it worse by panicking thinking im gonna be sick! I wouldn't go to bed last night as i just felt even more sick laying there cause i couldn't stop thinking bout it, so i had to watch tv downstairs till i fell asleep!

I can usually contorl it alot better but because i am pregnant i am just so worried! I didnt get one bit of sickness with my last pregnacy so im hoping i dont this time too!

Is there anyone else who has been pregnant and gone through this? I t would be ncie to chat with someone about emetophobia even if your not pregnant!

Thanx for reading

Lizzie

hey lizzie! welcome to this site!
    ive never been pregnant so im really sorry i cant answer ur question or give u reassurace, but im guessin if u didnt have mornin sickness last time u wont this time? maybe peoples bodies react differently an ur just not the type to get it ?! so id say to just try some relaxation techniques (ull find them sumwer on the net if u dont know any) to try an make the nausea that ur feelin from panickin subside. anyway thats just my guess...
    i have to say u do sound like a very strong person which is a hard thing to do when ur emet - good on u )
    never be afraid to ask any questions here - even the embarassin or totally gross - we're all in this together hehe [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    hope you're okay!
    xxxxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Hey Lizzie,

Congratulations on your second child! That is really exciting! I am not a Mommy either. (because of my emet) But there are lots of Mommies on here that have talked about pregnancy and not being sick. I have a feeling that emets tend to not give in to nausea, so they rarely v* from morning sickness. So relax and enjoy your pregnancy! And welcome to the board..

--Kim

Lizzie,

Relax and enjoy the pregnancy! I have been emet forever, also, but for some reason or another, mine went away when I was pregnant. I actually even tried (very hard) to make myself v* after I ate a full pan of apple crisp! I couldn't believe I ate it all!Anyhow, my body would not allow me to get sick, so don't worry! You will be fine!

congratulations!! i can't even think of ever having a child with this phobia...the thought terrifies me and makes me sad...be proud that you can set aside this fear enough to create life and be a mother. i envy you, all of you who have had children.

Congrats Lizzie,

I'm a newbie here too and I am so pleased to find other people in the same boat. I've heard that if you can get through one pregnancy fine (ie without the ms) then you should be ok for the next one.

I totally understand what you're feeling. I'm just like that if I feel sick. I've not been pregnant yet but my Mum reccommended ginger biscuits when she was pregnant. She said that they really helped her.

Try not to panic (I know it's really really really hard) and just enjoy the fact that your going to be a Mum again!

Keep smiling!

Thank you very much everyone!

I am feeling much better about it now, feeling more in control! I am so happy to be pregnant and im gonna try my best to enjoy it! I'll probably have bad days but im sure i'll get through them!

Thank u again for all your replies!

Hope everyone is alright [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Lizzie

Hi, Lizzie

I do not have any children YET, but would love to soon! I have heard that during pregnancy the nausea is different than a sv. Is that true?

I hope your pregnancy goes well! That is so exciting! I know there are many mothers on this site that would probably be able to give you better advice. This is a great place to come for support!

Jess

Hey Lizzie,
    welcome to IES! i know there have been many pregnant brave ladies here - and many brave mummies too who im sure will give u tons of friendly and reassuring advice! i am unfortunately not one of them - yet any how! one day it WILL be me asking for the advice!!

ems x