Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: McDonalds

Ok, everyone, I am eating fast food, or any food for that matter, that was prepared by someone else. I have not done this in a very long time, about 6 months. I am usually so scared that I will get food poisioning, and although I am scared right now, I decided that I should face my fear, and eat it anyway. I hope I will be ok, I will let everyone know what happens. Wish me luck!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Ok, I just got done eating it, and I am kind of regretting it. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I hope I will be ok. I used to eat the stuff all the time, but I have been so scared, that I stopped eating out all together. It was good though. I do have to say that. Ok, I must remain calm, and try to not even think about it.

Hi. You'll be OK, but I wouldn't recommend McDonalds for healthy eating! But it tastes really good, and I've never heard anyone I know getting ill from McDonalds. My friends eat a McDonalds every night and have no problems whatsoever and all the millions of people who eat there everyday dont seem to have any complaints!

But like I say, it ain't the healthiest option.... but who cares if you enjoyed it!

Roz

You'll be fine!!! Everytime I eat McDonalds, or any other fast foodI feel a little bleh afterwards just because it's greasy/fried food and that's what it does to ya... Sometimes ya just gotta eat food that's crappy for you because it tastes terrific :O)

Congrats on this accomplishment!
    ~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

if theres one place I trust, its macdonalds for cooking their food properly. their burgers are so thin that there is no way they woul be undercooked. their french fries are my fav!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I love McDonald's french fries too! They have great hot fudge and caramel sundaes too! I usually don't eat burgers at all, but my husband eats several per week. He is a Burger King guy though!

Jess

Well its been 2 hours, and so far so good. I feel fine! In fact I am hungry again. I am just so proud of myself. It was really hard for me to eat out, but I did it, and I am doing fine. I just hope that this is the start of something good for me!!

Michele

Quote Originally Posted by jesskali
    I love McDonald's french fries too! They have great hot fudge and caramel sundaes too! I usually don't eat burgers at all, but my husband eats several per week. He is a Burger King guy though!

Jess

Hurray for burger king!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Cant beat that bacon double cheese burger!!
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Do you have Burger King in Ireland?

Michelle, I think it is great that you faced one of your fears!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennyleigh1975
    Do you have Burger King in Ireland?

Michelle, I think it is great that you faced one of your fears!!!!

We do, i used to love it!! but like Michelle I havnt eaten in fast food places in ages.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Well, its been 5 and a half hours, and I feel fine. I'm still nervous, but I would think if I was going to get food poisioning, it would of happened by now. (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

yea you should be more than fine. thought i have to agree mcdonalds isnt the healthiest choice, all of their machines work on a computer timer so trust me its not raw. not to mention the heat from theirs grills (500 degress if i remember my training from way back when) is so hot its going to kill anything (not to mention, not something you want to touch...first day of training "at that temperature, skin doesnt burn, it melts"...and they didnt lie either!)

personally i prefer wendys though

Yea, if it would have made you sick, you would have been sick by now, good job =)
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

yeah - i wouldnt worry to much about maccy d's. think of the literally MILLIONS who eat there - ull be fine.

i love the taste but just the though of whats in those burgers is enough to keep me away!

ems x

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4133
    Well, its been 5 and a half hours, and I feel fine. I'm still nervous, but I would think if I was going to get food poisioning, it would of happened by now. (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

YAYYY!!! What an awesome accomplishment! It will get easier each time you do it too!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Good for you!!!!

Can't wait for you to say 24 hours later, and you still feel great!