Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't know where most of you live, but most of you know that my husband and I moved from Northwest Indiana to Southwest Florida. We've been here for about 4 months, and I have to say that my anxiety/emet/depression has not been better. Back at home, I never wanted to go anywhere. We go out all of the time. I'll go anywhere now. I'm not even afraid if it's a long car ride or not. My appetite is great. I'm working out 3-4 times a week and couldn't feel better about that. I'm 1,500 away from my family (homesick), but a 2 and half plane ride away. I don't know what it is about the south, but it made me better. I really really think it's the sunshine and warm weather that just makes me smile. Anyone else from Florida and feel the same way? We live in Sarasota. An hour south of Tampa.

that is SO good! im really glad you're back on top, i couldn't be happier for you, congrats :O) xxxxxxxxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I lived in Florida during the summer once while I was doing an internship in college and I felt the same way. Granted it was summer and I always feel better duringthe summer anyway, but I have thought about moving back there because of how great I felt. I was even able to gain a couple of pounds because I would actually eat!

Florida is a wonderful place! I have never lived there but have vacationed there many times. In fact, we actually did go to Sarasota once because my sister was doing some correspondence courses from the University of Sarasota. It was lovely but at that time it was very hot! We went in July so it was the dead of summer. My grandfather lived in DeLand, about 50 miles from Orlando so my parents and I would go every year to see him and to visit Disney World. We would sometimes stay at New Smyrna Beach and I loved it too! My husband and I honeymooned at Disney World also. Now you're really making me want to go back!

Jess

It's weird how nice weather really changes everything. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Its odd how weather affects your moods, isnt it. I live in Georgia, and I dont think I could ever move out of the south, well, atleast not to somewhere where it snows and is REALLY cold. I dont see how you guys up north do it.

I am so happy for you!! I live in California, and I gotta say that it does make a difference when the sunshine is out! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] It must feel great to know that your move as a good one. I can imagine it was hard at first..

--Kim

I live in FLorida, and can relate, I but the opposite way. I just returned from a trip for Georgia, and while there, I was not nervous about long car rides, and went out everywere.. I had a small panic attack while there, but it does not compare at all to how I am when I am home. So I can relate, my husband beleives that I will feel so much better if we move.. I have lived in Florida(Miami) for 30 yrs, and really need a change.. But I am glad that u are feeling so much better... BIG HUGS to you Christy

I live in NC...and pray for the summertime...I always feel better when it's sunny and warm...I would love to move to Florida!!!!!!!!!!!! Kat

wow - it is amazing what a bit of sunshine can do!!

im really pleased your getting on with life and not letting emet get the better of you!

well done you - keep us updated!

ems x

Thats great. It is always nice to hear positive things. I am happy to say I feel pretty good myself. Aside from hearing about "it" online.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

BRING ON MORE NICE DAYS!