Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I haven't been on here in a while. One of the reasons is sometimes this site does make it worse and the other is I want emotional support but I don't like when people say things to make you feel better like if your child has the stomach flu "don't worry you wont get sick because you wash your hands a lot" or "your immune system is stronger". My immune system might have a stronger resistance to some things, but other viruses change so much that you don't really build an immunity. I take supplements for your immune system, but if I"m not eating healthy and stressing, they wont work as well.

I'm sorry I'm not on here to rant or make anyone feel bad. I think the last time I was here was in November when the whole family got a bug. I didn't v***t, I just felt horrible.

My daughter had diarrhea last night, then she had it while she was sleeping. She kind of had a cough today, then she threw up this morning. She hasn't been around anyone sick, her brother is in preschool and he's fine. I've been feeling bad since Monday, but it's more like a cold, a lot of sinus headaches although my stomach did hurt a bit. So maybe she just feels cruddy from the same thing but I don't know. I'm tired of feeling like this, I try to get support from my husband but he thinks I'm crazy sometimes. I wish I could just be normal. I'm looking forward to sprintime too, although last summer I was scrared a lot because people continued to be sick.

I'm sorry to complain so much, just had to rant to someone!

to be honest, it doesnt sound like an SV to me. your daughter just sounds like she has a cold. colds affect kids different from us. their little tummies are more sensitive from all the mucas and sinus drainage than we are, and than can make their tummies upset.

I wouldnt worry too much about it being another SV.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thank you for your reply, I'm really hoping you're right, I hope she just caught my cold. I'm freaking out, I'm trying to be calm but am still freaking out. I haven't eaten anything but toast and vitamins, want to eat some more, but nothing more than toast, but that doesn't sound appetizing because that's what my daughter threw up!

Anyway, thank you!

Misty

How has your daughter been during the day today? If she does have a cold, then the episode of vomiting could have been from that. My son who is five is like that. Sometimes it seems like he vomits no matter what he is sick with. It seems he has outgrown that some, hes not as bad about it as he used to be.

I dont know what else to say except we are here for you no matter what.

you sound like you are coping pretty well though. Colds can make kids sick though, not all the time but if they swallow ther phlem a lot then they are more likely to bring it up? Thats my experience anyway. Im quite lucky, my 3 yr old has only ever been properly sick once but shes brouht up phlem a lot with colds and tonsillitus. That doesnt seem t bother me as much tho. Anyway, i hope you feel better and try to eat something.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Well, she seems to be doing better now. I gave her some children's Motrin Cold(wonderful medicine) just in case cold symptoms were what made her sick and she ate 2 popsicles and a piece of toast and she seems okay, but she still has the runs. I hope she's okay and the v***t part doesn't spread anymore.I really hate when my 5 year old son is sick!

Oh, and I ate dinner, I guess I was really hungry, because I had three chicken tacos! I feel a little better with my blood sugar not so low!

Misty

Im glad everyone seems to be feeling better!! I hope tomorrow is even better!!