Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

some of u will remember that i posted a topic askin for book recommendations - well i took on the advice and bought 'the anxiety and phobia workbook' by edmund bourne - this book is the absolute works. it helps u realise how u developed ur phobia, what is maintaining it and how u can get rid of it. if focuses greatly on panic attacks and anxiety and gives u practical ways to eliminate it - best thing ive ever bought to be honest, is helping me already! the best thing about it is most of the strategies are practised in deep relaxation - wat a good excuse for a 'nap' [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    i really reccomend that people buy it - u will most definately get use and help out of it xxxxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

sounds good! Im gonna try and get a hold of this book. Do you know if i could buy it online?
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Ooo I have that book! I just didnt get to working on it yet! ^_^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

excellent - im gonna have a look!

thx babe!
    ems x

ok - so i placed the order! whats 11 squid if it might help with this damn phobia! and if its rcmd from fellow emets - it must be good!!!

ems x

I have that book too! It is so awesome, but I am working slowly at getting it read. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

haha yeah u can buy it at amazon or any good online book store! good for you guys - im really excited about the exercises that u do an im really confident that this is gunna shift my emet once and for all - im about to buy a dictaphone so i can listen to my affirmations while i go to sleep to get them firmly planted in m head too ! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] the book does take some readin - its a txt book 400 pages long, but its taken me 3 days to read thru half and really understand where why and how i got this phobia and how i can kick it! and im findin that readin it is excitin bcos im findin more info thats makin me feel better about myself an boostin my confidence too !
    i hope it works for you guys too - im positive it will - its ur own personal therapist in a book ! [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Wow! You've really made this book sound exciting and very helpful, I've tried books before that didn't work, so I'm a little skeptical, but I think I will try it anyways!

Thanks for the info!

your welcome! ive tried books before too but this one is a practical guide and includes a lot of cbt so it aves u goin to a therapist and it also shows u how to recognise and counteract negative self talk thats keeping ur phobia alive!
    enjoy!
    xxxx

wow - i cant wait to get it! do you really really think it will clear ur emet....? [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]

yeah absolutely! it guides u thru imaginary exposure therapy so u dont have to face the phobia in actual real life, when u deeply relax and imagine urself coping well with a phobic situation, ur mind thinks its real therefore when u practice the thought over and over the response is no longer fear. its the same for self talk, what keeps a phobia going is the negative things u say to urself. it shows u how to identify this self talk and replace it with positive statements so ur brain learns a new response that isnt fear! its very clever huh [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] xxx

it sounds very interesting and the kind of cbt therapy i have been looking for for ages! wow - i cant wait for it to come - i thought of getting it when u said u had - but i have a bad habit of buying tons of books!! but thought i may as well just get it now! espec since im coming off the meds - so prob a good time!

ill keep u posted too - we can give each other moral support thro the rough (if any) times!

ems x

sounds like a plan ) good luck with ur book xxxx

it better come quick!!

ems x

Ok I have a question, I went and got the book from the library, is that ok? Or will I need to write in the book? And just one other question, I have the "Revised second edition", printed in 1995, do you have a newer version???

Thanks!

u will need to write in the book yeah but u can just do that on paper insted, may take a lil longer tho, i have a new addition but i dont think it matters, there is a few new things but the main info is still there! xxx

Ok Thanks!